Failed after working well for 3 weeks

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-02-12 17:56:59
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WPA281

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 200-1.1.0.846-02-20121116-FINAL

ISP : BT

Looking through the forum there seems to be a pattern emerging , All works well for some time and connection is good the for some reason the devises seem to get tired and wont connect any more, I see the same story over and over in this forum. My story the same, I have a AV200 NANO (TL-PA211) at the end of a 200 metre extention lead in my shed. When I first got it, it worked great with no loss of speed or connection for 2 to 3 weeks then suddenly it failed and I haven't been able to get it working again since, having tried many many options, resets re-pairing, new firmware even a new extension lead. it worked again for a while on a shorter 150m lead but now that doesn't work either The unit still works and pairs ok when plugged in near the base unit in the house but no longer on the long lead. I know 200 meters is a long line but why would it work fine for a while then stop? Like I said this seems to be a very common story, works the after a time stops, cant work this one out at all.
Options
3 Reply
Re:Failed after working well for 3 weeks
2014-02-21 03:57:35
ok I got it working again but as soon as I pair another adapter in another room the first one stops connecting
Options
2014-05-13 22:11:48
well its very odd, I updated the firmware on all 3 adaptors , I gave up with using the pair buttons , they just dont work, can get it working by changing the name of the network on all adaptors using the utility, it works for a week then fails again ans I have to change the network name again, done this for a few weeks. now it fails after a few hours,with the adaptors forgeting the network name I give them, Driving me crazy, hours of messing about and no support or answers these are very flaky products
Options
2014-05-21 10:03:24
The network name of powerline adapters will not be changed unless you use the pair buttons or you change it yourself.

When this problem happens, please try to reboot your powerline adapters to see if it is working.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 288

Replies: 3