Powerlink broke my Router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-02-20 17:48:00
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-PA4010KIT

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version : Not Known

ISP : Zen

The model of my Powerlink is not listed above, it is aTL-PA451KIT.
I took delivery of this item yesterday, followed the installation instructions and it linked immediately between my Belkin router and a Sony laptop about 8m away. Everything was fine and I was very pleased. About 15 minutes later the internet speed on all my [U] Wireless[/U] devices,(laptops iPads etc) fell from my normal 12mbps connection rate to .3mbps. I removed the Powerlink adaptors, rebooted the router and the speed was restored. I then reinstalled the adaptors and exactly the same thing happened. I removed the adaptors and rebooted the router but this time the internet connection speed did not recover. Fortunately I have a spare router and I installed that and all is now fine. I have not tried connecting the Powerline equipment to this router as I am concerned that the same thing may happen again.
I spoke on four occasions to the help line and got no sense at all. Can anyone please help?
Options
2 Reply
Re:Powerlink broke my Router
2014-02-24 09:24:12
replace it.
Options
Re:Powerlink broke my Router
2014-02-24 17:56:34
Thank you for your reply. Sadly the fault returned even on the replacement router. The only way I got my network back to normal was to roll back all 4 machines to a date prior to the installation of the Powerlinks, reset the router to factory settings and reset the TV and Sky box to their original state.
I am well versed in computer management but I have never heard of anything like this before. Altogether I spent 4 days working flat out to sort this problem and I still do not know what happened.
I rather hoped someone on the forum might be able to be of greater assistance.
I followed the installation instructions to the letter and I am running established and well maintained hardware. I would not touch these devices with a bargepole unless someone can explain what went wrong.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 420

Replies: 2