WPA4220TKIT - More Connectivity Issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-02-24 23:12:20
Region : Ireland

Model : TL-WPA4220

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP : UPC

ACTUAL MODEL NUMBER WPA4220TKIT (Was not Listed in Dropdown Box)

Hello - I hope someone on the forum or TP Link may be able to help with my recent and constant loss of wifi connectivity, I have searched the forum for other similar issues and resolutions but none of the fixes seem to have worked for me.

Below are some details.

Original Setup 14-11-13(WPA4220TKIT Purchased) to 5-2-14
Cable Modem from ISP (Bridged)
Netgear WNR2200 Wireless Router
TP-Link WPA4220TKIT (Consisting of 2 of TL-WPA4220, 1 of TL-WPA4220)
(The 2 x TL-WPA4220 are located separately away from the main router and have cloned the SSID of of the Netgear WNR2200 as per tp link instructions)

When I installed the above setup and configured configured it always worked without issue or fault, however when my ISP upgraded my connection to 150mb the Netgear WNR2200 was no longer suitable so I decided to upgrade my router to a TP-Link Archer AC1750 Dual Band Router

My Current System from the 6-2-14 is now
TP-Link Archer AC1750 Dual Band Router
(The 2 x TL-WPA4220 are located away from the main router and have cloned the SSID of of the Netgear WNR2200)

The new setup above worked without issue or fault for 10 days until approx 9 Days ago and since then I have no continuity in wifi connectivity throughout my house, unless I switch off my powerline adapters radios , which defeats the purpose of having powerline wifi extenders as due to the location of my router I do not have a strong wifi signal throughout my house.

To Summarise my issues.
1. Wifi has went from being great , continuous and without fault to non stop dropping and reconnecting on all portable devices, (phones , laptops, tablets) to a stage where it is not usable even to browse the most basic web pages,
2. Connection drops and reconnection's happen anything from once every 4 or 5 seconds to happening every few minutes.

Attempts to date at resolution .
1. Upgraded firmware on router and powerline adapters - fault did not change
2. Reset all units, left power unplugged for 60mins , rebooted - fault did not change
3. Set all adapters and routers wifi channel to the same channel (from Auto) - fault did not change
4. Set all adapters and routers wifi channel to different channels (CH1, CH6, CH12) - fault did not change
5. Tried all the above with the 5ghz radio off - fault did not change
6. All wifi powerline adapters have been re cloned multiple times - fault did not change

Some points to note
1. I have no new electrical appliances in the house
2. Wired connectivity from the powerline adapters appears not to be affected.(I have never noticed a network drop on any wired unit)
3. My router and power line configurations are basic with little deviation from the factory default settings
4. My router and power line configurations were not changed just prior to these problems starting (last change was the new router)
5. No interference from any other wifi stations ( neighbours is rarely receivable and is on a different channel)
6. On the occasions where the drop-outs/reconnection's happen every 30mins or so , the wifi continuity is no longer seamless when moving throughout my house .
7. On my tablet and phone I have downloaded the program wifi analyser - and I can see on the graph that the wifi signal is still being pumped out from each adapter / router despite the fact the the phone or tablet may have been disconnected from my network! (Attached are some screen grabs from wifi analyzer , including during a drop-out/disconnection)
8. No new devices have been added/introduced into my network.

I would be grateful if someone could provide me with some assistance as this issue is very annoying especially considering my setup went from a fully functioning one to a non functioning one without changes from my side.
Options
15 Reply
I have the same difficulties!
2014-03-06 00:50:13
I have been using a pair of TL-WPA-4220 for the last one week or so.
One of them (A) is connected by CAT5e to the main ethernet switch which the router is also connect to.
The other one (B) is only connected to A via powerline.
Both A and B are advertising their own default SSIDs.
There are no other powerline-networking devices in my household.
I did not try to clone SSID or anything because I do not mind using the default TP-LINK_xxxx SSIDs.

When I began setting them up, one thing I immediately notice is that they do not behave properly as DHCP clients. They automatically give themselves IPs that my router has assigned to other devices. I thought I could work around this by giving the 2 WPA4220's static IPs. I flashed the current firmware into both pieces.

[CODE]Firmware Version:
1.2.7 Build 131211 Rel.54081n
Hardware Version:
WPA4220 v1 08EF4015[/CODE]

For the first few 2 days or so, the WiFi seemed normal, then intermittently devices could not get DHCP and when they could, the speed was very slow, about 1.5 Mbps, all while signal bars remained high.
It sometimes seemed to go away with power-cycling and or long press on the PAIR button, to get them to forget pairing, and then 1 second press to get them to re-pair.

General question, because it wasn't clear in the TPLink manual, whenever the 2 devices can see each other over powerline, is the AES encryption on? (i.e. there is no possibility to connect without encryption?)
Options
WiFi is not usable.
2014-04-01 15:04:23
I now use my pair of WPA4220 by wire only, and it seems OK.
WiFi only works for a few minutes to a few hours after rebooting only.
Options
Re:WPA4220TKIT - More Connectivity Issues
2014-04-04 10:35:33
Maybe you can give a try to change the channel of your WPA4220's wireless network.
Because there may be wireless noise which affects your WPA4220's wireless performance.
Options
Having trupbles with WIFI and with BONJOUR
2014-04-04 12:41:30
Hello,
I have less problem with Wifi, not with Wired and many with Bonjour.

Everything works for one day or 2, then Airprint stop working trough the wifi.

Have downloaded the latest firmare.

Waiting for a solution.
Options
2014-04-11 22:44:26

Vincent wrote

Maybe you can give a try to change the channel of your WPA4220's wireless network.
Because there may be wireless noise which affects your WPA4220's wireless performance.

Hi Vincent - Thank you for the reply - if you look at my original post and WiFi analyser screen grabs you will see that each AP is on a different channel. (I have tried manual and auto settings)

This Problem is very frustrating to say the least - In addition to the attempts at resolution listed in my original post I can now add I have made the following unsuccessful attempts to resolve this issue.

1. Tried various wireless security protocols - including leaving all devices open - problem remained.
2. Reduced wireless bands from 40mhz to 20mhz - problem remained.
3. Swapped Wireless Powerline Adapters to different locations and sockets in the house - problem remained.

One thing though when working these power line adapters offer far superior range than my Archer C7 (V1 Unit) on the 2.5ghz band -

TP Link please offer some help and support !!
Options
2014-06-23 06:00:42
Hi,

This is driving me insane too. Did you manage to solve it? I am considering throwing the bloomin' things out!

Thanks.
Options
2014-06-23 06:10:28
Did you manage to solve this? It is driving me crazy. So close to just dumping the kit and trying a different vendor. Not sure how this could be missed in QA..
Options
2014-07-08 14:54:29

yfaykya wrote

Did you manage to solve this? It is driving me crazy. So close to just dumping the kit and trying a different vendor. Not sure how this could be missed in QA..

@ yfaykya I feel your pain - I have found no fix other than a reboot every other day , and that just about gets me back up to a minor level of stability !
I am so close to throwing the dam things out too, there a waste of time and money.
Options
2014-07-15 02:01:50

trevorohanlon wrote

@ yfaykya I feel your pain - I have found no fix other than a reboot every other day , and that just about gets me back up to a minor level of stability !
I am so close to throwing the dam things out too, there a waste of time and money.

My WPA4220KIT keeps losing connectivity to the router at 192.168.1.1 for up to about 30 seconds every 15 minutes or so. Gone through all the pain troubleshooting as you have only to then see your post. No other device has a problem with connectivity directly to the router at the same time this happens, it's clearly a fault with the device I'm hoping a future firmware upgrade can fix.
Options
2014-07-18 00:54:12

trevorohanlon wrote

Region : Ireland

Model : TL-WPA4220

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP : UPC

ACTUAL MODEL NUMBER WPA4220TKIT (Was not Listed in Dropdown Box)

Hello - I hope someone on the forum or TP Link may be able to help with my recent and constant loss of wifi connectivity, I have searched the forum for other similar issues and resolutions but none of the fixes seem to have worked for me.

Below are some details.

Original Setup 14-11-13(WPA4220TKIT Purchased) to 5-2-14
Netgear WNR2200 Wireless Router
(The 2 x TL-WPA4220 are located separately away from the main router and have cloned the SSID of of the Netgear WNR2200 as per tp link instructions)

When I installed the above setup and configured configured it always worked without issue or fault, however when my ISP upgraded my connection to 150mb the Netgear WNR2200 was no longer suitable so I decided to upgrade my router to a TP-Link Archer AC1750 Dual Band Router

My Current System from the 6-2-14 is now
TP-Link Archer AC1750 Dual Band Router
(The 2 x TL-WPA4220 are located away from the main router and have cloned the SSID of of the Netgear WNR2200)

The new setup above worked without issue or fault for 10 days until approx 9 Days ago and since then I have no continuity in wifi connectivity throughout my house, unless I switch off my powerline adapters radios , which defeats the purpose of having powerline wifi extenders as due to the location of my router I do not have a strong wifi signal throughout my house.

To Summarise my issues.
1. Wifi has went from being great , continuous and without fault to non stop dropping and reconnecting on all portable devices, (phones , laptops, tablets) to a stage where it is not usable even to browse the most basic web pages,
2. Connection drops and reconnection's happen anything from once every 4 or 5 seconds to happening every few minutes.

Attempts to date at resolution .
1. Upgraded firmware on router and powerline adapters - fault did not change
2. Reset all units, left power unplugged for 60mins , rebooted - fault did not change
3. Set all adapters and routers wifi channel to the same channel (from Auto) - fault did not change
4. Set all adapters and routers wifi channel to different channels (CH1, CH6, CH12) - fault did not change
5. Tried all the above with the 5ghz radio off - fault did not change
6. All wifi powerline adapters have been re cloned multiple times - fault did not change

Some points to note
1. I have no new electrical appliances in the house
2. Wired connectivity from the powerline adapters appears not to be affected.(I have never noticed a network drop on any wired unit)
3. My router and power line configurations are basic with little deviation from the factory default settings
4. My router and power line configurations were not changed just prior to these problems starting (last change was the new router)
5. No interference from any other wifi stations ( neighbours is rarely receivable and is on a different channel)
6. On the occasions where the drop-outs/reconnection's happen every 30mins or so , the wifi continuity is no longer seamless when moving throughout my house .
7. On my tablet and phone I have downloaded the program wifi analyser - and I can see on the graph that the wifi signal is still being pumped out from each adapter / router despite the fact the the phone or tablet may have been disconnected from my network! (Attached are some screen grabs from wifi analyzer , including during a drop-out/disconnection)
8. No new devices have been added/introduced into my network.

I would be grateful if someone could provide me with some assistance as this issue is very annoying especially considering my setup went from a fully functioning one to a non functioning one without changes from my side.

Ignore me. Retarded question that I realised the answer to
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1664

Replies: 15

Related Articles