MR-3220 drops connection/does not recnnect

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-03-16 10:50:49
Region : Hongkong

Model : TL-MR3220

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP : PCCW

Hello,

I have an MR-3220 Router that I used to use for 4G main/ADSL backup home internet. I removed the 4G modem (physically) because the provider was throttling it down to unusable speeds and then just went back to the ADSL signal.

ADSL comes into a (PCCW - my provider) modem and from their goes to the MR3220. The signal from the provider is constant with no disconnects. I have tested this by direct connecting the modem to one of my PCs for 24 hours without any issue.

When I removed the 4G modem I reset the settings on the modem to "WAN ONLY" and to "connect automatically" in WAN - to be more accurate I have tried all the connection options including

1) On demand with 0 idle time
2) Time based with 24 hour coverage
3) Manually with zero idle time
4) Automatically as mentioned before

The connection worked fine for a few weeks after disconnecting the 4G modem, then it started to drop intermittently. To be clear I will lose internet connectivity at the MR-3220 (but not at the PCCW modem) and the MR-3220 will not automatically reconnect.

If I turn the power off and on (on the MR-3220) it will quickly reconnect and stay connected for a seemingly random period of time.

If I have lost connection I cannot reconnect by logging into the modem (192.168.1.1). I can only login to the router if the internet connection is on (I find this strange but maybe I am too much of a novice)

Any ideas for correcting the problem appreciated. Happy to provide screenshots or more information if required.

Regards,

Jack
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 352

Replies: 0