cannot connect to internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-03-31 18:44:26
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-WPA281

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have purchased 3 powerline adaptors. One for the router, one for the PC, and one for my Humax PVR. I believe they are all linked correctly. The PVR picks up the internet fine. It does not see the files on the PC (Ihave Serviio server) although it does see them and play them over wifi but not fast enough - the videos keep stopping. I cannot connect the PC to the internet using the powerline adaptor although I have no problem with wi-fi.. I go to "connect to" . I see under the heading "dial-up and VPN" "broadband connection PPPoE connection". I select and hit connect. I get a message connecting to broadband and a box asking for user name and password. I enter the username and password and the connection fails.
I don't understand the reference to "dial up". I have a fast fibre optic supply that operates broadband fine with wi-fi. I am trying to connect the PC by powerline to give me fast streaming from the PC the Humax.
Any ideas?
The powerline utility shows 2 devices in the top box:.homeplugs av, and one in the lower box: device 2.
Is this right?
Options
2 Reply
Powerline utility
2014-04-01 00:39:47
The powerline utility shows under device type in the top box 2 devices each called homeplug av 6x00 device. There is one item in the bottom box called Device 2.
Is this how it should be?
Options
Re:cannot connect to internet
2014-04-04 10:22:09
There is an easy way to check if you have configured your powerline devices correctly.
There is one LED light on these powerline devices which looks like a small house. We call it powerline light.

Please check if all the powerline lights on your three powerline devices are on.
If any one powerline device's powerline light is not on, then it means you haven't configured it correctly.

You can check the following link to establish your powerline network and secure it:
http://www.tplink.com/en/article/?faqid=258
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 662

Replies: 2

Related Articles