Powerline not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Powerline not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Powerline not working
Powerline not working
2014-04-01 00:12:16
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WPA4220

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP : Virgin

Hello

I had a bit of trouble a while back (needed to replace a set) but it worked happily for a while. Then we changed phones/broadband from Sky to Virginmedia and Powerline has stopped working again.
When I plug them in side-by-side (not attached to router), the small unit shows only the top light (continuously) while all the lights on the large unit flash. Pressing the pairing buttons makes no difference. I've tried using the CD utility to reset it all but the utility did not recognise the unit
I'm in touch with the Chinese support line but she seems so disinterested she keeps asking the same questions and has now started to address me by the wrong name.

Is there a way to test whether its irretrievably broken or to get it back into life?

Cheers
Options
3 Reply
Re:Powerline not working
2014-04-04 10:13:11
There is a easy way to check if your small unit is broken or not.

You can connect your computer directly to this small unit, and check if the bottom light is on.
If your computer is already connected to the small unit and still only the top light is on not the bottom light, then apparently this unit is broken.

If the light is OK, you can try to install the utility on your computer to reset this small unit. Don't use the CD as the CD is only suitable for your big unit.
Here is the link of the utility for your small unit:
http://www.tplink.com/en/support/download/?model=TL-PA4010&version=V1#tbl_b
Options
2014-04-06 03:21:37
Hi Vincent

Thank you for your advice. I'm afraid I got a message "the local device hasn't been connected, please connect the device" is it possible this was not the right utility; I noted that your link took me to a WPA4010 utility and not WPA4220, or perhaps they are the same thing?

Thanks
Philip
Options
2014-04-10 17:28:41
You have two units. A big one and a small one.
The big one is TL-WPA4220. The small one is TL-PA4010.

So my link which is suitable for PA4010 is exactly suitable for your small unit, not the big unit.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 522

Replies: 3

Related Articles