Frequent Disconnects Need Advice

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-04-01 01:19:05
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-PA211

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version : not sure

ISP : Virgin media

Hi Guys,

In general my connectors work very well, i seem to get the full 30mb broadband connection my service provider offers me,

However, with certain applications i receive frequent disconnects, these disconnects are very fleeting they mostly only last 1 min and then its back but this is enough to stop streams and games. the weird thing is it only happens with some things and not others, to put that into perspective:

BBC Iplayer gives me disconnects - youtube does not, perhaps because youtube has a buffer and can continue through the downtime?
Hearthstone gives me disconnects but world of warcraft does not, they both play though battle net so its strange

there are more examples,

having my pc connnected directly to the router i dont get these disconnects.

So i need advice on what setting I can change what may cause this and so forth, would be forever grateful!

(not sure i linked the exact product i have but i have the point to point plug in Ethernet cables 200mb)
Options
3 Reply
Re:Frequent Disconnects Need Advice
2014-04-04 10:27:25
Does this problem happen every time you use BBC iplayer or Hearthstone?
Options
Re:Frequent Disconnects Need Advice
2014-04-04 22:02:35
This sort of sounds like my "limited connectivity" issue...
Options
check network performance
2014-04-13 17:13:12
Before you start digging any deeper, let's eliminate any network connectivity problems. The easiest way is to use the link below:
http://www.netscan.co/ there is a single button you need to press to start the tests...
The Connectivity Checker will perform a series of network tests for modern Web Services like WebSockets and WebRTC. A unique url will be created with the results which you can then share with us and we'll hopefully understand what is your problem or then we'll start digging deeper!)
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 385

Replies: 3