Can't accede to TL-WA5210G settings

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-04-03 14:07:18
Region : Mexico

Model : TL-WA901ND

Hardware Version : V3

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi everyone,

I have a tricky problem with a TL-WA5210G CEP that just has been installed in my condo.

The internet connexion for all the condo is provide by a Technicolor TG582n modem/router (Telmex Infinitium) but because of a distance problem, a part of the flats couldn't have access to the TG582n wifi.
So they installed a TL-WA5210G to bring those flats the wifi connection. The farest flats now connect to the TL-WA5210G via a new wifi SSID and key (wpa2 PSK, AES).
I have no problem connecting my laptops (win7 and Ubuntu) to the new wifi but I can't connect my android (2.3.5) phone, apparently because off an issue with the security settings, so I would like to accede the TL-WA5210G settings to make some tests.

The TL-WA5210G is wired directly to one of the Technicolor modem/routeur Ethernet port so I guess it has been configured in the Wireless Router Mode.

The problem is that I can't accede the TL-WA5210G settings via the 192.168.1.254 address. It send me directly to the Technicolor Modem settings login page.
And in the Technicolor modem settings I can't see anything about the TL-WA5210G address, it appears nowhere. My laptop appears in the home network as connected directly to the Ethernet port.

So if someone could give me a hand on this one to understand how I can find and access the TL-WA5210G settings, it will help me a lot.

Thanks in advance.

Terry
Options
4 Reply
Re:Can't accede to TL-WA5210G settings
2014-04-05 09:07:27

fotodamaris wrote

1-its not your wi-fi its the Condos, I understand its part yours too, cause you live and pay maintenance, but its not only yours.

I'm fully conscious of this. I don't plan to change anything, I just want to know the 5210 wifi settings to understand with which Android wifi bug I'm dealing with.

2-you will never access through 192.168.1.254 thats Infinitums gateway

Though it seems to be the default login address page in many off the 5210's operating modes. I tried every address I could find in the faqs page with no success.

3.this is not a guessing game to guess how they set up the CPE or radio

That is kind of the idea of my post here.
I'm trying to understand in witch operating mode is the 5210 set to and how can I accede his settings informations.

4-when you posted I have no problem connecting my laptops you have the IP of 5210 you just dont want look for

I don't understand this one.
I know my internal network IP 192.168.1.xx
I know the technicolor gateway IP 192.168.1.254
but I just can't find anything about the 5210.
Here is a map of the network

where Calzada is the 5210 and Passerelle (gateway) is the Technicolor but no informations pop up from the 5210.

5-lets say you have the 5210 ip, what if they changed Log in and password to log configuration

Well I guess I will have to talk to any Telmex technician to explain I can't access to the new Tp link router they've just installed with my android phone which is basically what I'm trying to avoid by posting here.

6-you posted The TL-WA5210G is wired directly to one of the Technicolor I can tell you to default the 5210 and re set it, but if you could not log into are you gonna be able to set it from default.

As mentioned above, I'm fully aware that this is a collective wifi network and that I can't just reset every thing to make it work with my phone, but without the informations about the 5210 wifi I just can't understand what is going on. So I will do no reset or radical action but if I could find a way to access the settings to understand what is wrong between the 5210 and my androphone, that would be a very good progress.

Maybe the way the 5210 is connected to the gateway and his operating mode don't allow to accede the settings via wifi but I can't find anything about this in the faqs.
In this case I imagine that I will have to plug it directly to my computer and hope that they didn't change the default login.
Options
2014-04-05 10:49:36
Well I guess I will have to talk to any Telmex technician to explain I can't access to the new Tp link router they've just installed with my android phone which is basically what I'm trying to avoid by posting here.

You should call them..Because they could have changed the WA5210G to any IP other than 192.168.1.254. In other words, you may try all available IP in the subnet 192.168.1.x but will hardly find the true IP if they have set it to a IP of another subnet like 192.168.100.x...
Options
2014-04-07 06:13:38
Hi Fotodamaris,

I have good news and bad news.

I finally could connect to the 5210 settings thanks to your advice.
Even without pluging me to the 5210, I used Angry IP scanner that gave me in few seconds its IP (it was 192.168.1.101). The log passwords are still the default ones so I could configure it like advised.
Everything was already good except the IP that I let this way and the AES security that I set to TKIP.
Like expected, there has been no issue with laptops.

The bad news is that my androphone still can't connect to the 5210 wifi.
The phone stay in a scanning/connecting/disconnected loop. The WPA key seems to never stay saved.
I tried a wifi advanced app, forget the wifi, wifi timer off, IP static.
The phone connects just perfectly to the Technicolor wifi when I get closer so it's definitely something between the 5210 and my phone.

Could I pass from WPA to WPA2 or reverse without changing the wifi key and perturb the other users ?
There's a lot off threads about same problems but no real fix. I will keep looking and let you know.

A big thanks for your help, at least this thread is resolved (don't know if there is a way to mark it as resolved ?).
Options
2014-04-10 14:50:43
Hi,

fotodamaris wrote

2-this won't solve your Andoid issue but is wrong, if you left 5210 with ip 192.168.1.101 that ip is in DHCP pool of Technicolor, Telmex uses different modems and brands, never use from 50 to 254 use any you wish from 1 to 49, you are on a public wifi and lots of Condo users, any Lap, xbox smartphone or any other that use 101 as static ip will create and issue on the network.
3-now that you have control of the 5210, change the log and pass, now you know the Tech that set up 5210 doesn't even know basic rules setting IPs on a network.

Since your last post, I do feel less guilty entering the collective router setup so I changed the 5210 IP to 192.168.1.10

4-I don't use 5210 any more, (I use 7210) and there is no Emulator on TL web for 5210 but if you are talking about WPA/WPA2 - Enterprise don't mess with that one, with WEP your Android for sure works, and don't worry about WEP all owners share the key to their visitors, so security it's not a matter, after a month more than 100 will know the key
And the answer you want, i had given it to you in post #6 as long as you use the same password any change you make between WEP and WPA2 will be transparent to your neighbors

I did read a lot of post about the WPA/enterprise wifi bug, but as the 5210 was set on WPA/Personnal I dropped it.
I was just wondering what would happen if I changed security from WPA2/PSK to WPA/PSK as it come in few threads about android wifi problem and is possible to do in the 5210 management page.
So after reading your post I tried it and my win7 couldn't connect to the wifi no more until I change the security protocol in the windows wifi settings.
As it didn't change anything for the phone I set it back to WPA2.
I although tried to change the canal, it was set on 11, I put it on automatic, with no trouble for the laptops but no results for the phone.

I did try WEP security but it didn't solve my case. The phone just kept looping. I feel like the 5210 doesn't like my poor old androphone. I will deal with it.

I may try an android update to ICS and see if it changes something.

Thanks anyway for your time and advices, I really appreciated being able to make those tests.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 931

Replies: 4