Archer C7 Youtube issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer C7 Youtube issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Archer C7 Youtube issues
Archer C7 Youtube issues
2014-04-08 19:26:53 - last edited 2020-10-26 05:58:16
Region : Australia

Model : Archer C7

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi guys,

Ever since I bought an Archer C7, all clients either on WIFI or LAN seem to be having issues with web pages loading slowly, and Youtube (and other video streaming sites) not fully loading or buffering videos. Sometimes it will load only 10 seconds then stop, other times it might load a few minutes. I have no idea why this is happening. I have just readjusted my MTU setting in the router to see if that helps.

Has anyone else had similar problems with the C7?

Regards,

Michael
Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Archer C7 Youtube issues-Solution
2020-10-26 05:58:11 - last edited 2020-10-26 05:58:16

Hello @htobon, sorry to hear that you are not satisfied with the performance of the Archer C7 router.

If you encounter the slow speed issue when connected to the C7, please help provide below details, and we will try to help you out:

1. Who is your ISP and what is the model number of your modem? What kind of connection type on the C7, Dynamic or PPPoE?

2. What is the download/upload speed you can get when you connect a computer directly to the ISP modem?

3. Without any other devices connected, connect one computer to the C7 directly and go to speedtest to run the test for 3 times and show us the screenshots of the test results. BTW, simplify your network layout if there are other routers or RE in your network, just leave the modem and the C7 on, disconnect other devices and run the speedtest.

And please tell me the wired link speed at that time, how to get that? You can refer to the below link.
https://www.tp-link.com/faq-2265.html

4. Do you enable any QoS setting on the C7? Check and ensure it is on the Standard Mode, then get back to the Clients' page, check all the clients connected to the router and ensure the High Priority is disabled.

5. You can refer to the below instruction to narrow down the issue as well.
https://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-2170.html

Thanks a lot~

Recommended Solution
Options
7 Reply
Re:Archer C7 Youtube issues
2014-04-19 23:40:53
im using the lasted beta , and i have the same problem!
Options
2014-05-02 03:40:19
no ways i am having the same issue it play the first 10 seconds and stops
Options
2014-05-02 09:48:38
Do you have Hardware version 1.0 or version 2.0 ?
Options
2014-05-09 01:16:12
version 1 with the latest firmware
Options
2014-05-21 22:35:14
even with lasted official firmware, the youtube struggles to load pages .... i hate this router right now!
Options
2020-10-26 00:42:23

I am experiencing the same issue. 

This is the worst router I have bought ever in my life. 

What a waste of money. 

Options
Re:Archer C7 Youtube issues-Solution
2020-10-26 05:58:11 - last edited 2020-10-26 05:58:16

Hello @htobon, sorry to hear that you are not satisfied with the performance of the Archer C7 router.

If you encounter the slow speed issue when connected to the C7, please help provide below details, and we will try to help you out:

1. Who is your ISP and what is the model number of your modem? What kind of connection type on the C7, Dynamic or PPPoE?

2. What is the download/upload speed you can get when you connect a computer directly to the ISP modem?

3. Without any other devices connected, connect one computer to the C7 directly and go to speedtest to run the test for 3 times and show us the screenshots of the test results. BTW, simplify your network layout if there are other routers or RE in your network, just leave the modem and the C7 on, disconnect other devices and run the speedtest.

And please tell me the wired link speed at that time, how to get that? You can refer to the below link.
https://www.tp-link.com/faq-2265.html

4. Do you enable any QoS setting on the C7? Check and ensure it is on the Standard Mode, then get back to the Clients' page, check all the clients connected to the router and ensure the High Priority is disabled.

5. You can refer to the below instruction to narrow down the issue as well.
https://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-2170.html

Thanks a lot~

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1927

Replies: 7

Related Articles