Can't configure TL-WPA281 as a wireless extender

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-04-21 08:31:35
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-WPA281

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have a couple of spots at home where my wireless coverage isn't great so bought a TL-WPA281 to act as a wireless extender.
I've followed the setup steps where it describes cloning the wireless credentials from the router and then moved the TL-WPA281 to the room where I wanted to improve coverage.
Now the situation is worse, when I turn the TL-WPA281 on, I lose what little signal I have - and then when i turn it off, I get the signal back.

My home wireless network is via a BT Home Hub V3

Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

Thanks...
Options
2 Reply
Re:Can't configure TL-WPA281 as a wireless extender
2014-04-22 14:28:42
Just quilt using wifi clone. You can configure your TL-WPA281's wireless settings manually.
Here is the guided link which will help you configure your TL-WPA281's wireless function. You can set a new SSID and a new password.
http://www.tp-link.com/en/article/?faqid=398

At last, you just need to connect to the new wireless network of your TL-WPA281 in the blind spot.
Options
Re:Can't configure TL-WPA281 as a wireless extender
2014-04-23 07:14:27
Thanks Vincent - that worked a treat.
I was trying to simply pair it with my BT home-hub as I'd (maybe mistakenly) thought that the clone facility would allow.
Instead I paired it with another powerline device that I had wired into the home-hub and now connect to the WPA281 via WI-FI in the room with the blind-spot.
I have to connect to a new network in the other room compared to the rest of the house but it's a small price to pay.
Thanks for your help
Options