Cloning problems

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Cloning problems

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Cloning problems
Cloning problems
2014-04-26 17:34:00
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-WPA281

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have had problems cloning the device with my BT Homehub router. I have managed to set up the system as a separate wifi network, but this means changing wifi settings on devices when moving around the house.

Is there anyway of setting the router wifi settings manually - I have read the user manual carefully but it is not at all clear how to do this. The configuration menu seems to allow many things to be set manually, but I can't see how to manually set the clone.

Can anyone help?

Many thanks
Options
2 Reply
I had the same problem. Here's the fix!
2014-04-26 23:59:08
I bought these today and spent the last hour attempting to clone the connection

Here's what I did (bin the instructions):

1 - Connect everything as it should, plug the extender into a wall socket nearby the router and plug in the adapter into a wall socket nearby the router and use an ethernet cable to join it with the router.

2 - press the clone button on the extender for two seconds and it'll start blinking slowly. At this point press the WPS button on the router for two seconds.

3 - Watch the lights on the extender. They will all soon stop blinking and become solid.

4 - Move the extender to the location you want it :D
Options
Re:Cloning problems
2014-04-27 23:09:57
Thanks for the reply PeeAwee. I also submitted the question to TP-Link support and this is the response they gave. It seems to work...........although the setup utility wouldn't work with an ethernet cable connection as support suggested - only when connected by wifi.

1. connect the TL-WPA4220 to your computer by ethernet cable, and put the CD in your computer(generally suggest you use windows computer). If your computer is MAC computer, the CD cannot be used, please go to the following link to download the utility for MAC and install :
http://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/?model=TL-WPA4220&version=V1#tbl_b
2. when you open the CD, please choose management utility, you can refer the following link to change the wireless network name and password as the same as your main router:
http://www.tp-link.com/en/article/?faqid=398
go to wireless ------wireless settings------SSID(change it as the same name as your home network)
go to wireless security ------WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK-----PSK password(change it as the same as your home network )
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 928

Replies: 2

Related Articles