M3020 in WISP Mode: No connection to phone

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-05-02 04:33:39
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-MR3220

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,

I'm trying to setup a M3020 in WISP Mode. Connection to the WAN-WLAN is established and when I connect to the M3020 WLAN with my laptop, I can access the internet. When I try to connect with my phone (apple iphone 4S, ipad 3, samsung S3 mini), the connection is some times established (most times, I got a "connection error"), but the connection is dropped after a few seconds. I tried both dhcp and static ip-adresses, used varios wireless settings (only b or g, mode, without security...) but no luck...
If I use the 3G or AP-Mode of the MR3020 router, I can connect without any problems..... any idea ? I tried TL-MR3020_V1_130929 and the TL-MR3020_V1_140408 Firmware - no difference.
Options
3 Reply
Re:M3020 in WISP Mode: No connection to phone
2014-05-02 16:49:52
WISP mode is typical converter from radio interface to cable interface (ethernet). I can't understand your idea with phone connection?
Options
2014-05-02 18:19:17
Hi,
the phone is only a wlan client - but I have only the connection problem with my smatphones - laptops can connect. All connections are ment via wlan....
What I want to achive is, that I only connect the 3020 to a foreign wlan (hotel) and all my devices can be used (without reconfiguring each wlan setup on each device) - so WESP mode as WLAN Client and AP at the same time
Options
2014-05-02 18:23:51

jimasek wrote

WISP mode is typical converter from radio interface to cable interface (ethernet). I can't understand your idea with phone connection?

Hi,
the phone is only a wlan client - but I have only the connection problem with my smatphones - laptops can connect. All connections are ment via wlan....
What I want to achive is, that I only connect the 3020 to a foreign wlan (hotel) and all my devices can be used (without reconfiguring each wlan setup on each device) - so WISP mode as WLAN Client and AP at the same time (wireless to wireless). For my both notebooks, it is working, but not for the smartphones....
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 590

Replies: 3