Tl-pa411kit

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Tl-pa411kit

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Tl-pa411kit
Tl-pa411kit
2014-05-02 04:42:05
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-WPA281

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello,

I got this kit few days ago. I have 200Mbps connection from the cable TV provider - UPC. When I am connecting wireless with my MacBook Pro and my iMac my speeds from the wireless router are around 98Mbps. When I connected a PC with a LAN cable to the TV box the speeds actually exceed 200Mbps - my downloads were apron 25MB/s.

In my house I have double sockets - which means in each I can plug two devices. So after plugging bots adapters in the same socket and connecting with the cable to my MBP the speeds are between 40-50Mbps. I checked the speeds in my room downstairs and speeds again only reach 40-50Mbps. Why am I not getting the full 200Mbps ? I only use the TP-Link to get the internet downstairs for my iMac.
Options
2 Reply
Re:Tl-pa411kit
2014-05-02 17:01:03
I think that problem is in your electric installation. You can check internet speed when adapters are close to each other (in this same room). Very often in electric installation are very large disturbance.
Options
Re:Tl-pa411kit
2014-05-03 05:47:29
Jimasek - tak :)

I did check the adapter when I had them plugged in the same socket, next to another socket to which I have my UPC box and TV plugged. Then I moved one to room downstairs and speeds are the same.

I live in ireland. I have 200Mbps UPC connection - when I plugged my PC directly to UPC box my speeds exceeded 250Mbps in downloads. Here I only get under 50Mbps.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 364

Replies: 2

Related Articles