Updated to latest firmware but modem now does not get detected?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-05-14 16:31:44
Region : Others

Model : TL-MR3420

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 3.13.1 Build 121123 Rel.57630n

ISP : Vodacom

Hi there,

I was using the MR3420 router with no issues for about two and a half years with the latest firmware at that date (I cannot remember what version) to get my modem compatability installed.
I was using the vodafone HUAWEI E220 HSDPA modem, but because of my location, signal strength has always been an issue.
I recently upgraded my vodacom package and received a new modem with the package.
It is the vodafone K4305.
I connected it to the router, hoping that maybe the hardware was of better quality then the E220, so that signal strength would increase, but it did not detect,
so I installed the latest firmware (3.13.1 Build 121123 Rel.57630n) but it still did not detect and after checking the compatibility list I see it is not yet listed. and on your individual modem settings page it is also not available.
So I put the simcard back into the old E220 modem but now the router does not detect the E220 modem??
I have restored factory defaults on the MR3420, inputted all the settings manually, not via the backup/restore, as i did not want any issues that might have corrupted or anything.
And still no luck...??
What can I do to rectify this?
I thought as a work around I would connect the modem directly to the computer and share the internet connection... But that has just caused so much havoc! when dialed in via the modem, even though it says I am connected to the wifi of the MR3420, I cannot access the router, or any connected device to it..ie the network printer...
I am stumped!
any recommendations??? :(
Cheers
Gio

*edit- ok so problem fixed with it not accessing router or printer. The new modem when plugged into pc changed IP address from auto obtain to fixed 192.168.0.1 but rest of my network runs on 192.168.1.**
After setting IP address manually to the .1.** range I can use the modem and access the router..
Also, I downgraded the router firmware to (TL-MR3420_V1_120508) In the hope that it would detect the modem. It still fails to detect the old modem that was always connected to it.
Strange thing happens though if I connect the old modem to the router but WITHOUT the simcard inserted, then the router says modem detected successfully. But when I insert the simcard then it fails to detect the modem.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 546

Replies: 0

Related Articles