Powerline compatibility with WR702N nano router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-05-20 01:05:34
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-WPA281

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I bought a WR702N to extend my wi-fi to a part of my house that my main router has never been able to reach. I opened the box, plugged in the power and connected the ethernet cable to my Tplink Powerline.

I was amazed, it worked brilliantly - I could get streaming video all over the place and even in areas of my garden I never dreamt of!

That state of utopia lasted less than 24 hours. The next day firstly, my wireless devices (iPhone x 2 & iPad) could find the WR702 but couldn't connect, then, having re-booted the main router, I could connect ok, but had no internet.

Can anyone tell me where I'm going wrong? Could you keep any replies fairly simple please, I'm that type of guy!

Thanks in advance.
Options
2 Reply
Re:Powerline compatibility with WR702N nano router
2014-05-21 10:10:33
You can reboot your WR702 to give a try.
Options
Re:Powerline compatibility with WR702N nano router
2014-05-22 04:07:12
Thanks, I've tried that without success. I've also now borrowed another router and connected it in the same place. This has the same symptoms, i.e. shows as connected correctly but no internet. I'm guessing my Powerline plugs aren't doing what they are supposed to do?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 263

Replies: 2