TL-MR3220 - Problem with the Wireless mode - connection breaks

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-05-22 22:05:29
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-MR3220

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello

This problem actually started 4 days ago. We have a TL-MR3220 Wireless Router with local ISP (BSNL) been using less than a year without problem

The router is been configured by connecting to the asus laptop Win8.1 x64 (let me call this as host), and this laptop is been wired to the router and it is not on wi-fi.

We use two pads (one, apple and android), 1 W7-SP-x64 laptop and 1 windows 7 phone connected to the WI-FI for internet access.

4day ago, while browsing though ipad, even though it was connected to wifi, there was no internet access. So I checked in the host which is connected to router via wire to see if the internet is working or was something wrong in the router, there the internet was fine. And as per the front-panel all the lights were blinking as per the documentation.

So I thought of powering off and back on (with 30 seconds of duration between action). I then tried in the ipad to access the net, it was working normally. And then in another couple of hours this repeated, and again and again. In two day I have been seeing myself powering off and on the device more than 30 times. So finally I did a master reset on the device and then reconfigured it once again. It worked. And after couple of hours, it started all over again (I can access the internet wired, but not from Wi-Fi).

So then I did a reset and then loaded the 192.168.0.1 page and also clicked the load factory default and then reconfigured it.

Now it connects to the wi-fi and internetjust for 2 minutes or less then and it also disconnects all the devices from the wifi. When we try to access the wifi, the devices(pads, laptop, phone) all shows the SSID but it tells unable to connect. Now we cannot connect to the wifi network too.

I am not sure if the router is malfunctioning or the hardware is gone.

To make sure, 100%, that it is not the ISP problem or any or all of our devices problem, I borrowed one spare router (Belkin Surf N300) from my friend to test and I configured it and since then it is working properly and I can access internet in all our devices, uninterrupted, like normal

So I guess the tp-link router has some hardware issue.

Now, any advice or solution to see or make the router work? If hardware is gone is that repairable? or do I have to buy a new one?

Please advise.

(let me know if any more details needed)
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 674

Replies: 0