Powerline upgrade

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Powerline upgrade

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Powerline upgrade
Powerline upgrade
2014-05-27 06:48:55
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-PA511KIT

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi, hoping someone could offer some advice!

I currently have a kit of the AV500 passthrough devices (TL-PA451KIT) with a single AV500 Nano Powerline Adapter (TL-PA411) on my home network.
One of the devices is connected to a mediaserver/dvr and I find that I am able to achieve transfers from it at about 11-12MB/s, which as I understand it is basically at the maximum that the ethernet port on the powerline adapter is able to provide (100mbit/s)

My question is: If I were to exchange 2 of the devices (one at the dvr and one at the router) for the AV500+ devices with gigabit ports, would everything still work together and with perhaps a speed boost from the dvr to the router? Would the new AV500+ devices be limited in any way by the existing AV500 adapters?

I am making a bit of an assumption here that the powerline adapters may be able to achieve faster over the electrical wiring but are currently limited by the ethernet ports built in. Do correct me if I'm wrong...

thanks for any help!
Options
1 Reply
Re:Powerline upgrade
2014-06-25 14:22:53
you are right, if you change the AV500+ with gigabit port, you can get a good speed.
Options