TL-PA251 Not detected by Utility

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-05-28 00:34:41
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-PA251

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP : Virgin Media

Hey.

So I've set up my powerline exactly as instructed, and installed the utility. All the lights on both devices seem stable, and they seem to be paired. However, the utility doesn't seem to be registering the device. I've tried all combinations of installing, uninstalling, turing off and on, repairing and unpairing that I can think of and the utility refuses to believe that the hardware exists. If anyone has any idea how I could sort this, I'd be grateful, as I'm currently trying to combine gaming with an wifi speed of below 0.5Mbs.

Thanks
Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-PA251 Not detected by Utility
2014-06-05 09:08:40
Hi

If you're using Windows 8 or 8.1 and haven't updated the utility yet it's worth giving that a go.

I found when my machine updated to 8.1 it couldn't see the powerline adaptors, I think it turned out that one of the things needed for it to work wasn't compatible with Windows 8.1, which stopped the powerline utility seeing the adaptors.
I ended up downloading the relevant driver separately, but it looks like it's now included in the latest version of the powerline utility which is on the TP link website.
Options