Problem with Wifi key

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Problem with Wifi key

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Problem with Wifi key
Problem with Wifi key
2014-06-12 00:49:52
Region : Italy

Model : TL-WPA4220

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 1.2.4 Build 130530 Rel .39308n

ISP : Alice Telecom

Hi everybody,

I would like to get some help with my TL-WPA4220 kit. I managed to pair my two Tp-link devices (the other being TL-PA4010) and successfully cloned my Wifi, so now i can
enjoy full coverage of my wifi in the entire house.

But here comes the problem:

Even though i only spot one Wifi signal (hence the cloning was successful), when using portable devices i have to use different Wifi keys, regarding if i am downstairs (closer to the TL-WPA4220) or upstairs (closer to the modem).
I thought it might be due to the Wifi key, so, of course, i tried to change the TP-Link key and copy the modem's one, but after doing so, my wifi crashes: the modem continuously resets itself, leading to the impossibility to use Internet.

I reckon the problem it's not that huge, but it's kind of annoying, as you might imagine.

Can anybody help me with this problem?? Thank you in advance.

P.s: I forgot to tell you that i already changed the Tp-link's wifi key before re-changing it and copying the modem's one. I did so because, by default, i was given a some-30 digits and letters key, which was just unbearable.

Pablobs88
Options
2 Reply
Re:Problem with Wifi key
2014-06-20 16:42:03
follow the steps.
1. login on your router and change the wifi key to a number you want.
2. use wifi clone on the 4220 to copy the wifi setting from the router
3. delete old wifi profile on your wireless devices.(loptop ,pad, phone)
4, scan the ssid and connect to it.

step 1 & 3 are important!
Options
Re:Problem with Wifi key
2014-06-23 15:27:39
Hi Peter,

Thanks for your help.
I followed your steps, so i think i basically cloned again my router's wifi key, after changing the wifi key.
I have to stay it seems to work quite well, though my router gives problems with the telephone line, but this does not bother me, cause this means it's my router (which i can have changed from the company) that might have a problem, and not the tp-link.
Eventually, i admit i was quite doubtful about your suggestions (could it be that all my problem was i had to deconnect all my devices from the wifi, in order to get my tp-link work correctly? Seemed quite strange to me...) but since your advice was correct, i owe you much.

Thanks again!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 511

Replies: 2

Related Articles