TP-WPA281KIT Wi-Fi Clone Problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-06-13 19:20:39
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WPA281KIT

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP : Virgin Media

I recently had Virgin Media internet installed and unfortunately the wi-fi didn't reach one of the rooms upstairs (office) so I did some research on powerline adapters and settled with the TP-Link TL-WPA281KIT as it looked like it was the answer to my problems with the clone wifi function and seamless roaming.

Having set the adapters up and paired them I then attempted the clone following the given instructions to the 'T' but it didn't work. The adapter still had it's original SSID and password which meant that I had to manually switch to/from my Virgin wifi to the TPlink wifi every time I used this room. This defeats the object of having the clone function that offers 'seamless' roaming! I have reset the adapter and tried the process a number of times with no clone joy.

Just to clarify my setup and the process I followed during installation:-

Virgin Superhub 2 to powerline adapter in wall power socket via Ethernet.
Powerline extender placed in socket next to adapter and paired the two units.
Pressed WPS on router and clone button on extender (Router within 4 feet of extender). The LED sequence preforms as described in the provided instructions.
Once process completed removed extender from wall and placed in wall socket in 'wifiless' room.
Searched for available networks on mobile device and shows TP-Link extender as having it's own SSID and has not paired with main wifi router.

Do I need to change my router SSID to something other then the default for the clone to happen?

I hope that someone may have the answer as I'm now pulling my hair out in frustration. I really do need the clone function of the TP-WPA281KIT.

Many thanks.
Options
1 Reply
Re:TP-WPA281KIT Wi-Fi Clone Problem
2014-06-25 17:15:33
if so , i think you don't need take time on the wps button, you can login on the 281 management page and configure the wireless parameters manually : same ssid and pwd with router
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 734

Replies: 1

Related Articles