Need suggestion to connect long range wifi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-06-18 21:14:46
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-ANT2403N

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

i bought two 5210G outdoor CPE and one TL-ANT2424B grid antenna to connect long range wifi connection upto 15 KM,details below

5210G connect to TL-ANT2424B through pigtail cable on Transmitter side

only 5210G on Receiver side,

i can't get signal,pls give me suggestion and CPE setting to solve this problem,

Options
1 Reply
Re:Need suggestion to connect long range wifi
2014-07-02 09:34:25
15KM is too long for 5210 to handle.

Replace it with TL-WA7510N and TL-ANT5823B/TL-ANT5830B. You need external antennas at both side. Use rangefinder or telescope or GPS to do the antenna aligment.

Or wait for the new Pharos CPE 510. http://www.tplink.com/common/Spotlight/CPE510.html

CPE 510 seems to be much powerful than the older products. It is supposed to handle 15KM point-to-point link without external antennas. (In fact, CPE510 has no external Interface reserved, so you can save your money for antennas too)

Your screenshot, the wireless calculator, its result is obviously calculated through the Free Space Propagation Model and for theoretical reference only. It has practical reference value.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 517

Replies: 1

Related Articles