TL-PA281 Kit

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TL-PA281 Kit

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
TL-PA281 Kit
TL-PA281 Kit
2014-06-29 04:08:05
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WPA281KIT

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP : BT

I bought a TL_PA281 Kit a couple of years ago. I have since upgraded my computer to Windows 8 and also recently moved to BT as my ISP.

I needed to reinstall the Powerline Management Utility but unfortunately lost the disk. Despite downloading every piece of software known to man I cannot get any of them to recognise my Powerline adaptors. Therefore when I scan using Powerline Utility it cannot see the adaptor. I have really spent hours downloading all versions of the Powerline utility but to no avail.

I have run out of options here apart from buying another type of network adaptor and giving up the ghost.

I am the proud owner of a

1 nr TL-PA211
2 nr TL-PA2711
2 nr TL-PA2030

None of them work.

Please can somebody give me some help here. I am at the end of my tether trying to get this to work.

PS I have tried all of the other things such as pairing.....holding for 1 second....holding for 10 seconds....nothing works.
Options
5 Reply
Re:TL-PA281 Kit
2014-06-30 11:24:28
Options
2014-07-03 04:52:28
Vincent, I tried this again and whilst the software works it doesnt recognise the adaptors and leaves a blank screen. I therefore cannot put password protection on them

Options
2014-07-05 00:29:23
I have just ordered the BT - Smart TV Broadband Extender 200 Powerline Adapter Kit - Twin Pack. I can use my TP-Link adapters as paper weights, of which I have five :-(
Options
2014-07-05 03:52:43
Still trying to get the TP-Link adapters to work. I have the master adapter connected to my BT Home Hub 4 and the two WPA271 WIFI adaptors working fine. Its just I cannot access the TPA271 adaptors to set up encryption. I have tried every bit of utility software known to man but the two adaptors just don't show up when I scan. I cannot rename the adaptors from their factory setting (which I can live with) but I cannot live with me broadcasting two open WIFI signals.

What is strange when I look at the manuals that come with the utility software being recommended to me, what is downloaded looks completely different. I have lost the original CD that came with the 281KIT but I do remember the home screen was the orange screen with a selection of adaptors to choose from. This always worked fine. I am kicking myself for losing the CD but thought the various downloads (and there has been many - believe me) would have the same software, but alas no. I have contacted TP-Link (Cathy Yang) but they wont send me out the CD. I am even willing to pay for it as I have over £150 in adaptors that are useless. Does somebody have the original TPA281KIT CD I could borrow then I would send it back. I will pay all postage costs.
Options
2014-07-05 21:37:43
Went to the local computer shop and got it sorted. All I had to do was connect each adaptor to the router and type in address 192.168.1.1 and the settings came up for the adaptor. So simple after all of the hours spent trying to download Powerscan software, etc. Always amazes me how the answer can be so simple. Hopefully this helps somebody out there with the same problem.

I now have my house network set up and running great.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 524

Replies: 5

Related Articles