iPad and iPhone internet via TL-MR3220 not working anymore with 3G internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-06-30 21:01:05
Region : Greece

Model : TL-MR3220

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : Firmware Version: 3.13.1 Build 121123 Rel.57760n

ISP : Cosmote 3G internet

Hello,

I live in the Netherlands and we have a small vacation house on Naxos-Greece in the middel of the mountains. To receive internet we have a 3G cosmote USB stick which gives a surprisingly good internet connection :-).

So the setup is: 'internet' --> 3G Cosmote USB stick --> (USB) entrance TL-MR3220 router --> wireless connection to laptop, nokia lumia 800, iphone 5 and/or iPad.

This setup has worked great over the last 2 years. However, this year I noticed right away that the setup still works for the laptop (on which im writing now) and nokia phone, but not for the iPad and iPhone anymore.

I'm not sure how to fix this. Settings for the 3G connection:

Set the Dial Number, APN, Username and Password manually - Activated
[*]Dial number - *99#
[*]APN - internet

The connection works as proven by this post with these settings, but not for the Apple devices.

What I did notice is that the iPad and iPhone do connect to the wifi signal, but cannot reach the router on 192.168.1.1 as is possible with the laptop. I do not however have an idea if this is the problem and if so how to fix it.

Regards.

Update: sometimes for brief periods internet works on the ipad or iphone, but only for a short while after connection is broken again (wifi connection remains, however IP of router cannot be reached).
Options
3 Reply
Re:iPad and iPhone internet via TL-MR3220 not working anymore with 3G internet
2014-07-03 20:52:16
Anyone?
Options
Re:iPad and iPhone internet via TL-MR3220 not working anymore with 3G internet
2014-07-16 17:37:41
Hello there. I suspect i might have the same problem you are experiencing.

My setup:

Region : Italy
Model : TL-MR3220
Hardware Version : V1
Firmware Version : Firmware Version: 3.13.1 Build 121123 Rel.57760n
ISP : Telecom Italia Mobile (TIM) 3G HSDPA+ connection

I have a bunch of things connected to the router's wifi: 3 pc (windows), 2 smartphones (android + iphone), two tablets (android + windows)

I was experiencing a similar issue: there were interruptions in the connectivity on certain devices while others could access the router and the internet with no problem. Every device was successfully registered on the wireless network, but some of them didn't have access to the router's web interface nor the internet. They couldn't ping computers in the lan (not even the router) and they didn't respond to pings coming from other devices when that was happening. At times the problem was solved after a couple of minutes and other times it persisted and required a router reboot.

I managed to fix it accidentally by connecting an access point to the router (i used a tp link but i think everything can work) and disabling the router's wireless transmission, while relying on the access point to create and sustain the wlan. After i did this i didn't have any disconnection anymore, although it's a shame i have to use two boxes to do one thing...

I'm currently trying to fix the issue with the router so i can finally use the ap for something else, but i'm stuck at trying to reproduce the problem consistently as it seems like it happens randomly.
Options
2014-08-14 15:42:19
Hello,

I'm from Sweden and use the TL-MR3220 when sailing, usually in Sweden and Denmark. We connect pc:s, mac:s and phones and everything worked ok until my wife got an iPhone5c. It is disconnected all the time.

I read about a fix for another TP-Link model, but I'm not at the boat now so I haven't been able to test if it works. I'll test and report here eventually, but if anyone can test right now, please report here.

On the TP-Link, set the wifi channel to something between 1 and 6, set frequency to 20 MHz and turn off WMM.

Best regards
Lars
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 485

Replies: 3