Powerline Ethernet works fine , wireless extender does not.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-07-08 22:57:06
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WPA281

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP : sky

Please can somebody help?
Ive had my TL-WPA281 (Version 3) for 4 months now and still cannot get it to boost my wi-fi around the home. I can only use it as a wired ethernet port when connected to my other powerline plugs (TL-PA211KIT).
Ive tried both "hassle free" connection procedures, the wi-fi clone button and also the pair button and all the correct lights flash but I get a worse wi-fi signal than if I turn it off.
Im using a Linksys WAG320N Router which is connected to my TL-PA211 powerline kit by ethernet cable to my PC upstairs. I need the TL-WPA281 to boost the wi-fi signal in certain parts of the house for mobile devices. When I use the insidder application to view the local wi-fi signals I can see both my router and the TL-WPA281 signals but I cannot seem to connect to the stronger signal even the the SSID and passwords are the same. There seems to be some setting that is conflicting. If into the settings of my devices its quickly loses the internet connection and i then have to configure my router from scratch.
Im at the point of returning the device.:mad:
Options
3 Reply
Re:Powerline Ethernet works fine , wireless extender does not.
2014-07-15 10:08:04
You can setup a new SSID and wireless password on your WPA281.

Then you can choose which wireless network your device should be connected to.
Options
2014-07-18 00:46:27
As Vincent says, change the SSID of the WPA281. There maybe a conflict in the transmitting bands. Log into the WPA281 and set the channel to either auto or a different one to your main router. Most routers use either 6 or 11 by default, so try changing the WPA281 to whichever one the main WiFi router isn't using
Options
2014-08-04 18:51:08
Thanks for those replies guys. How do I change the SSID and password of the WPA281 please?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1496

Replies: 3

Related Articles