TL-WPA4220KIT - Two networks after set up

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-07-20 17:09:29
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WPA4220

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I added another AV500 wifi extender to the two units that make up the TL-WPA4220KIT to find that somehow along the way I had set up a private network.

The additional unit is virtually a plug and play + press a few buttons set up so I could not understand how I could have made this error.

Eventually in desperation I reset all three units to factory settings and started again only to find the same thing has happened and I can't figure out how or why!

Can anyone help?

Thank you.

:confused:
Options
2 Reply
Re:TL-WPA4220KIT - Two networks after set up
2014-07-22 10:00:54
Maybe the link below will help you although I am not very sure what your problem is:

http://forum.tp-link.com/showthread.php?75985-How-to-build-a-secured-powerline-network&region=china
Options
Re:TL-WPA4220KIT - Two networks after set up
2014-07-23 18:41:40
@Vincent,

Thank you for the link, it was helpful.

I had decided for another reset and start from square one and after setting up the three units I found only one network.

I have no idea how I managed to add the private network but I am glad that I have lost it.

One last question for those knowledgeable people out there;

If I remove one of the AV500 wifi units from the plug socket (not the one attached to the router) will I lose the settings and have to reset the unit or does it retain the set up details in a memory?

Cheers
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 567

Replies: 2

Related Articles