TP-Link Powerline Extender inquiry‏ - Compatibility with Apple Airport Extreme router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TP-Link Powerline Extender inquiry‏ - Compatibility with Apple Airport Extreme router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-07-20 22:12:42
Region : Hongkong

Model : TL-WPA281

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I recently bought the 300Mbps AV200 TP-Link Powerline Extender, model no. TL-WPA281KIT. My router is an Airport Extreme (Apple product), it does not have a WPS button so I am not able to complete the setup process. How may I get around this?

Also, I am not able to connect the two modules to an actual wall socket as large objects are in the way of the sockets in the rooms where I intend on placing the two modules, thus I am only able to connect the modules to extension sockets. I understand that this may hinder the performance of the product, but will it render it completely useless? Or will I still be able to gain some benefit from using the powerline extenders even if they are connected to extension sockets.

Thank you for your help.
Options
1 Reply
Re:TP-Link Powerline Extender inquiry‏ - Compatibility with Apple Airport Extreme router
2014-07-22 10:08:58
You can use TP-LINK powerline adapters on extension sockets, but this will affect the performance of powerline adapters. You should know it.

Use the powerlineScan utility.It will help you log into the management webpage of WPA281 so that you can configure your WPA281 manually.
http://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/?model=TL-WPA281&version=V1#tbl_b
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 652

Replies: 1