Microsoft Surface Pro laptop not connecting over wireless in WISP mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-07-22 00:19:02
Region : Ireland

Model : TL-MR3020

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 3.17.2 Build 140610 Rel.65031n

ISP :

Hi,

I have a TL-MR3020 and it is configured in WISP mode and is successfully connected to a wifi network in a house.
The "power" light is on
The "internet" light is on and flashing
The "WLAN" light is on and flashing
The "RJ45 Ethernet" light is on and flashing

I can successfully connect my mobile phone to the TL-MR3020 over wifi and connect to the routers admin page and also to the internet.
I can successfully connect my Microsoft Surface Pro laptop via hard wired RJ45 connection and connect to the routers admin page and also to the internet.

I cannot conned my Microsoft Surface Pro over wifi to the TL-MR3020 (even though the Surface Pro connects to other wireless networks fine).

When I try to connect, it accepts the password, but it takes a long time to "connect" and eventually is connected.
I do receive an IP address and Default Gateway is correct, but there is no connection to the internet.

I just installed the latest firmware on the router as of 21/07/2014,
I have tried resetting the router several times,
I have reinstalled the wireless drivers on the surface pro and ran all the troubleshooters too.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Options