Powersave problems

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Powersave problems

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Powersave problems
Powersave problems
2014-07-22 22:16:43
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-PA411KIT

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version : 1.0.0

ISP : Virgin Media

Hi all,

I have a massive issue with some powerline adapters so I decided I might try this thread and maybe someone can help me out from TP Link/
I have the below: TP-Link PA411KIT AV500 500 Mbps Powerline Adapter - Twin Pack which I have used for a while they always had an issue which I only realised recently is not from my router/ISP but the actual adapters themselves.
Basically, every so often the LAN connection would disconnect becase of what I think is the powersave feature. If I switch the socket off and on again it immediately connects back, otherwise I have to wait for 3-5 minutes or more (exclamation sign on the network connection, no connection to router established)

I thought it was a fault set so I upgraded the firmware correctly, tested and same issues. (from v1.00 to 1.2 I think?). Because problem persisted I sent them back to Amazon and they kindly sent another set out which are a newer version but have the same problem!!
The issues is reproduce-able as I use the adapter for my Router > PC and to > TV. When I watch something on the TV It very often disconnects because it looses connection ...(dunno if it's buffering or anything like that?). So both PC and TV have the same problem and I doubt it is a coincidence ...

So, is there a firmware without the power saving function available or a place where I can switch it off? Or is there a fix to these?

I have now ordered a pair of TP Link nano's at 200 Mbps and they have the same issue! It happens quite a lot when at the PC like now, I write this message on the forum, but no other activity in the background so they will disconnect although I have Skype logged in, pages opened that refresh sometimes, etc.

In case there is no fix I will send them all back and just buy a different brand - I am very disappointed in this design and the fact that there is no checkbox to turn this "feature" off...

Any help greatly appreciated!
Options
1 Reply
Re:Powersave problems
2014-08-31 19:05:25
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 304

Replies: 1

Related Articles