TL-WN822N Driver Solution

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-07-25 01:30:26
Region : Malaysia

Model : TL-WN822N

Hardware Version : V3

Firmware Version :

ISP : Maxis

Well ... TP-Link have broken drivers for the WN822N ... that's all there is to it. I tried all their drivers and they suck; completely useless leaving me with 1mbps speeds despite my laptop in the same room getting 150mbps (Windows 7 x64). After hours of uninstalling, reinstalling, googling solutions, and messing with everything, I've discovered that you just need to install the generic drivers for the internal chipset to solve the problem I had (and presumably many that others face too).

I have the WN822n v3.0 which is a Realtek RTL8192CU chipset. Earlier versions have an Atheros chipset. Anyway ... trick is, just install the generic chipset driver, not the TP-Link customized one.Getting 120-150mbs now, and download speeds are at my connection's maximum now.

For anyone who stumbles across this looking for a solution, the v3.0 drivers are here (select RTL8192CU):

http://www.realtek.com.tw/DOWNLOADS/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=21&PFid=48&Level=5&Conn=4&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

For earlier versions (v1.0 & v2.0), look here:
https://wikidevi.com/wiki/TP-LINK_TL-WN822N_v1
https://wikidevi.com/wiki/TP-LINK_TL-WN822N_v2

TP-Link ... get your act together with your drivers. For now, I'll stick with Realtek's much more stable and functional work. The hardware isn't terrible, for what it's worth ... at least for now.
Options
10 Reply
Re:TL-WN822N Driver Solution
2014-07-25 09:47:51
:o
Nice, willisbj.

Users in this forum would need this kind of threads to help themselves out.
Options
2014-07-25 13:51:00
My adapter is also TL-WN822, and it seems the offical driver works normally in my computer.
I think this is the compatibility problem in some computer not all the computer.
Options
Thank you
2014-07-26 16:05:42
I've just posted in another thread before I saw this one, where this hardware was causing hard crashing on W7 x64, and I replied to this thread because I was experiencing the same problem.

Now having seen this, I'm more and more convinced that this is what's causing my hard crashing and will revert to the generic chipset drivers like you suggest. Is there a way I can completely clean my machine of previous drivers so that W7 doesn't use it by default when the adapter is connected?
Options
2014-07-26 21:15:26
Stuliasz ... you're welcome and there absolute is.

Go to [Start] -> [Control Panel] -> [Network and Internet] -> [Network and Sharing Center] .... on the left hand side click [Change Adapter Settings] then right-click on your [Wireless Network Connection] and select [Properties]. At the top under "connect using" (where your hardware should be listed) click [Configure]. Switch the top panel to [Driver] and at the bottom click [Uninstall].

When the uninstall window pops up, make sure you click the box [Delete the driver software for this device] which will remove all TP-Link drivers.

Then I would run Ccleaner (both the regular cleaner and the registry cleaner) and restart your computer.

Then when you install the new drivers they should be "fresh" with no TP-Link driver traces remaining. Good luck and give a shout if you need!

:)
Options
2015-03-05 05:20:51
hi,
today I bought wn822n but it is not working. I checked it with both realtak and tp-link drivers but it not worked. when I enable it. it shows enabled popup but its icon not change and not show any network. when I diagnose it . it show this error There might be a problem with the driver for the Wi-Fi adapter . Please help.
Options
2015-03-06 14:26:59
What's the operating system of your PC? Did you enable WLAN AutoConfig(Win7&Vista) or Wireless Zero Configuration(WinXP).
http://www.tp-link.com/en/article/?faqid=306
http://www.tp-link.com/en/article/?faqid=56

If it won't help, uninstall the driver, uninstall anti-virus and disable Windows firewall. Reinstall the driver.
Options
Rtl8192cu
2015-08-21 03:37:03
V3 RTL8192CU, and windows 10 ..... have drop, spike, random timeout connection, solutions?
Options
connection
2015-09-12 21:13:46

chrome wrote

My adapter is also TL-WN822, and it seems the offical driver works normally in my computer.
I think this is the compatibility problem in some computer not all the computer.

i have to agree, i have the tl-wn822n v3 it seems to work great with tp-link drivers when i have tried the rtl8192cu drives i get a really bad connection so yes i would have to say that it will vary from computer to computer so the best thing is to try them both and see what works for you , but it would be nice to see a driver update some time :)
Options
2015-10-02 12:20:16
This is the best solution so far, i'm using v3 too.
Options
Any other tricks to get RTL-8192CU to work in Windows 10?
2016-01-05 02:38:20

willisbj wrote

Stuliasz ... you're welcome and there absolute is.

Go to [Start] -> [Control Panel] -> [Network and Internet] -> [Network and Sharing Center] .... on the left hand side click [Change Adapter Settings] then right-click on your [Wireless Network Connection] and select [Properties]. At the top under "connect using" (where your hardware should be listed) click [Configure]. Switch the top panel to [Driver] and at the bottom click [Uninstall].

When the uninstall window pops up, make sure you click the box [Delete the driver software for this device] which will remove all TP-Link drivers.

Then I would run Ccleaner (both the regular cleaner and the registry cleaner) and restart your computer.

Then when you install the new drivers they should be "fresh" with no TP-Link driver traces remaining. Good luck and give a shout if you need!

:)

Thank you for the guidance, Willisbj! I used your advice to install RTL-8192CU on an HP laptop that was using TP-Link TL-WN822N successfully in Windows 8.1 until I upgraded to Windows 10. My trouble is that now I'm trying the same thing on a new out-of-the-box HP Windows 10 laptop that my wife bought. It worked fine for a few days, but then the driver would no longer connect. I tried the uninstall and cleaning advice you gave above, but still no joy. I'm using the same version of RTL-8192CU in both machines and have confirmed the TP-Link and cables work on one laptop, so it does not appear to be a hardware problem. Thanks, in advance, for any thoughts you have.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2436

Replies: 10

Related Articles