Powerline wireless dropping out at remote adaptors

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-08-08 16:07:30
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WPA4220

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP : BT Infinity

Hi all,

I purchased the TL-WPA4220T kit. I've connected the powerline adapter to my router and installed the extenders in remote locations using the WiFi clone option to clone my existing SSID and passkey. It works like a treat most of the time and I can now get WiFi in parts of the house I couldn't before but I'm having a major headache with dropouts. Basically when I'm connected to one of the remote extenders sometimes the connection drops out and the only way I can reconnect is by going back to the room with the main wireless router and reconnecting there - I can then go back to the remote room and it continues to work until it drops out again.

Has anyone else experienced the same problem and more importantly how did you fix it?!

Thanks,
Richard.
Options
2 Reply
2014-08-08 21:27:26
Hi Toxorebel,

Very interesting. I have just purchased this kit also, the WiFi clone procedure although not perfect ( Network name did not transfer over), it otherwise appeared satisfactory. I too have intermittent drop outs from the extender for no apparent reason. I have noticed however when the drop out occurs and I check the IP and mask IP of the extender (with Net Analysier on my IPAD) the mask Ip has changed to 255.255.0.0 and of course the IP has changed to something else as well.
So I guess if the mask IP is different to my network then that explains why I have lost connection, it effectively thinks I am on a different network.

I have not looked at the solution yet (e.g. can I force the settings on the extender) but it would be interesting to know if you see the same issue with the IP addresses.

Regards
Gerry
Options
Re:Powerline wireless dropping out at remote adaptors
2014-08-13 20:14:48
I've had this problem and posted about it one of the other threads. My best guess is that the 4220 is allocating the wrong IP address when it attempts to renew a DHCP license, which happens by default for most people every 24 hours.

You can resolve the problem for the time being by assigning static IP addresses to each of your devices. It's not ideal but it resolves the problem. Hopefully it will be fixed in a firmware update.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 520

Replies: 2