Network status check failed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-08-09 00:58:20
Region : Romania

Model : TL-WR720N

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP : RCS RDS

Hey!

A few months ago i bought a TP-LINK TL-WR720N and i didnt manage to get it working because i couldnt get past the instalation point...

When i try to instal it on my laptop i always recieve a Network status check failed error. Everything always goes fine with the "Network adapter enabled" but when it goes to the second part it never works. Also, the lights on the router are as suposed to be.

I tried installing it on the PC because i read a few topics that said they managed to instal it on a different computer but no succes here.

I am not sure what importance this holds but ill go ahead anyway, my laptop is a Aspire V5-573G and my internet connection is like this: i create a username and password connection and in order to connect to the internet i click on the shortcut, enter the password and click connect.

Any help would be deeply apreciated because i tried over 5 times to get it working and is starting to piss me off.

If you require any other information please ask and ill answer ASAP.

Thank you
Options
6 Reply
Re:Network status check failed
2014-08-11 20:48:38
Do you have a modem? I assume you have a modem since you got a username and password for internet.

1) use a Ethernet cable to connect the modem to blue port of the TL-WR720N.
2) use another Ethernet cable to connect the laptop to the yellow port of the TL-WR720N
3) power on the WR720N, wait 1 minute.
4) On your laptop, don't click the shortcut of internet. Instead, open the browser(IE, firefox, chrome..), enter 192.168.0.1. You will see the login page.
5) Enter admin for both username and password.
6) After login, run quick setup to configure PPPoE connection.

Call the technical support if you still can make it work...
Options
2014-08-16 00:53:23
Hey! Thanks for the reply.

No, i dont have a modem.

I think there might be a larger one outside of my apartament, that directs the internet from the company to a number of apartaments in the building but all i have is a regular ethernet cable.

Do this tips still apply to this situation?
Options
2014-08-16 01:27:35
Now you have ethernet connection directly your computer is it true?
Options
2014-08-16 14:25:55
Yes, the ethernet connection goes directly into my computer / laptop.
Options
2014-08-16 15:08:18
Give us screenshot from ipconfig /all (enter in console) when you have internet access by the ethernet.
Options
2014-08-16 15:15:48
I managed to get it working.

Thank you all.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1788

Replies: 6

Related Articles