TL-WPA4220 Not Working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TL-WPA4220 Not Working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
TL-WPA4220 Not Working
TL-WPA4220 Not Working
2014-08-12 06:34:07
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WPA4220

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : Latest

ISP : BT

I'm a grumpy old man who has been even grumpier over the last three weeks.

I bought a TL-WPA281 KIT over a year ago and it had been working fine, with the wifi plug broadcasting and connecting to a Chromecast, Sky TV Wifi, laptop and iPad in my remote lounge (router in study).

I had a power cut three weeks ago and the TP-Link stopped working. I tried for hours/days to reconnect but no joy despite all the LEDs flashing as expected. Presumed it had died and order a new TL-WPA4220 KIT from Amazon.

More hours/days trying to get the new device to work. Only intermittent connection in adjacent rooms and none in the lounge. I must have tried every possible type of configuration: WPS, pairing, static IPs etc. Using my iPad as the main roaming device I can see the TP SSID on the network list but usually get the message "Unable to join network". Fuming I sent the 4220 back to Amazon and the replacement arrived today.

Excitedly I plugged in both adapters and waited for plug and play to connect me. NOTHING. Tried pairing: sometimes saw the SSID mostly not. With SSID - usually "Unable to join network". This time I downloaded and installed the latest firmware. No change. Rebooted everything, changed cables, used different connectors on the router (a BT Home Hub 4), re-configured, rest to factory defaults, tried different channels etc. etc.

Really fed-up with this now. What else can I try?
Options
2 Reply
Re:TL-WPA4220 Not Working
2014-08-14 17:50:07
You can call the hotline of tp-link to seek for help. There will be someone who is willing to help you configure your powerline adapters.
http://www.tplink.com/en/support/contact/?categoryid=530
Options
Re:TL-WPA4220 Not Working
2014-08-15 05:26:57
WORKING!!
Saw another thread here about fixing IP addresses for the extender. I did this and then set my router to renew the IP lease every 21 days instead of 1. Did some other stuff too but I think this is what triggered a connection.
Spent so many hours getting this to work. No way is this a simple plug and play operation. Not sure I would recommend to anyone else based upon my experience.
Options