TL-MR3020 WISP mode pairing with iPhone 5s but no internet connectivity

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-08-14 14:59:43
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-MR3220

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version :

ISP : TELSTRA NEXT G

Hi,

Well after about 20 phone calls to the Australian Technical Support Phone Number which is then transferred to China, where they don't understand english, and 15 hours on the telephone going over the same stuff, and all the promises in the world to escalate the problem and to call me back. I am about ready to do away with TP-LINK and raise the issue with State and Federal Consumer Departments. Tech support emails don't get answered, thus turning to the online forum. I ready to scream and shout.

I am hoping to god there is someone out there with a grasp of english that can help me. My problem is simple.

I have an iPhone 5s which I use as WiFi Hot Spot. I purchased a TP-LINK TL-MR3020 after reviews claiming that this product would take my iPhone 5s WiFi Hot Spot and then feed a device by a Ethernet Cable. Well after 25days of ownership and 20 phone calls to technical support I am getting no where. I follow the instructions and still nothing. I have done every thing tech support has blabbered at me still no joy. My iPhone shows there is a connection made with the TL-MR3020 but the internet connectivity is not working and the light is not alight. What do I do to get this working?

I have done the quick step using Dynamic IP, I have ensured passwords are correct, and the WPA is used. So the TL-MR3020 connects to my iPhone which evident by the change of scree on iPhone but there is no connectivity to the internet.

Brett
Options
2 Reply
Firmware OpenWRT
2014-09-08 06:08:08
I just bought a MR3020 but I have not received and therefore have not been able to test with my iPhone 5S.
But as I will use it like you in WISP Client mode, here's the solution I found by changing the firmware with an OpenWRT version and that works:
http://audirevolution.net/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=91coouhl1evutffn7c35lq0sg5&topic=2443.msg67439#msg67439

But beware, it concerns the v1.x and shows you have a V2 ...
Options
Re:TL-MR3020 WISP mode pairing with iPhone 5s but no internet connectivity
2014-09-09 11:44:26
Are you able to connect some other wireless clients to the Wi-Fi Hotspot created by iPhone 5S? Is it stable enough?
Did you try to follow this instruction? http://www.tp-link.com/en/article/?faqid=679
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1616

Replies: 2