Powerline and MCB/RCB/RCBO

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-08-19 18:48:53
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WPA281

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have been using several WPA281 for a couple of years with no issues and have been very pleased with the performance. I am just having an extension completed and when I plug the WPA281 into the mains it syncs for about 1 min then drops out. When I take the WPA281 back to where it was in the old part of the house it works again :(

The old part of the house is on cartridge fuses and the new part is a mixture of RCB/MCB and RCBO - does anyone know if these cause issues? I cannot imagine that these prevent the powerline working as almost all houses have RCB/MCBs fitted and they wouldnt be on sale if this was the case. The whole house in on the same supply and there is only one meter.

Has anyone any suggestions what the cause might be and any ideas how to make the devices work?

Thanks
Options
1 Reply
Re:Powerline and MCB/RCB/RCBO
2014-08-28 09:44:30
I guess maybe the electric noise caused your problem.

At different positions, there will be different electric noises, and maybe the electric noise is much heavier at the new position.
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 815

Replies: 1

Related Articles