Not working with virgin super hub 2

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-08-29 06:21:04
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-PA411

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP : Virgin

Hi everyone hope you can help!

Recently upgraded from virgin super hub 1 to virgin super hub 2. Everything was working fine before I installed the new router but now I cannot clone my wifi. I have done everything as per the instructions many times. The power line works but the wifi range expander just won't work, I press wps on the router then press for 1 second the wifi clone button on the plug but after 2 mins it reboots and it's not cloned. I have tried everything I can think of. This router transmits at 2.4g and 5g so I have disabled 5g so it's just transmitting on 2.5g to see if that fixes it but nooooo. I have rebooted, switched off, moved the plug I just don't know what to do. Has anyone got this configuration working or can offer any advice before I pull out whats left of my hair!!!!

Thanks in advance
Options
5 Reply
Snap!
2014-09-02 06:24:03
I have exactly the same problem. Any solutions, suggestions anyone?

Regards
Alan
Options
any luck?
2015-02-12 07:33:40
Did you ever work this one out?

I just bought them and having the same problem, followed the instructions verbatim.

Chris
Options
Sorted
2015-02-12 09:19:11
Hi ChrisB,
I eventually sorted it out. The auto cloning, as we have all found out, does not work. I had to resort to doing it manually and it now works fine. Now it was some time ago, I am cracking on in age and my memory is not what it used to be, but......... As I remember, I had to run the software that came on the resource CD with the TP Link. I remember this because the CD was one of those small disks that only fills up the centre of the tray. This software allows you to see your device as long as it is plugged in somewhere.

**** I'vee fired my software up so I can talk you through it ****

Start the software and you are shown the TL-WPS4220 and the TL-PA4010. Hover the mouse over the 4220 and select 'Management Utility'. A screen with a green border comes up and you should see your Powerline. Click the 'Rescan' button if it does not show staightaway. Click on 'Connect' and you may get asked for a password and/or a login name. Both are 'admin' by default (lower case). The next pages show all the settings of your device and allows you to change them. The first page is 'Status'. You can see info here but not change it from this page. If you look in the 'Wireless' area in the centre of this page you will see what is currently the device's SSID. This needs to be changed to your router's so click 'Wireless' on the second little black box on the left of your screen and you will flip to the wireless page. Here you can change the SSID to be the same as your Virgin router's. You can also change other settings on this page too. They are pretty obvious. Click on the SAVE button and you will get a message saying that nothing will happen until you reboot and giving you that option. Don't reboot yet but go the the 'Wireless Security' page by again clicking on the black box to the top left. Make sure that the WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK radio button is selected and then enter your password, either the one on the router or your own if you have changed it. That, I think, is the minimum you need to do though there are other settings you can change if you know what you are doing (I don't!) Reboot and after the process has finished you should be able to seamlessly connect from your router to your extender.
Hope this helps
Alan
Options
thanks
2015-02-15 05:23:10
Hi Alan

Thanks for getting back to me! Yes the manual instructions worked a treat.

Strange it doesn't work with WPS though.

Thanks for your time and effort replying!

Christian
Options
Re:Not working with virgin super hub 2
2015-02-15 08:43:00
Pleasure. Glad to have helped.
Alan
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 700

Replies: 5

Related Articles