PA411 stuck at 11Mbps

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

PA411 stuck at 11Mbps

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
PA411 stuck at 11Mbps
PA411 stuck at 11Mbps
2014-09-01 03:04:42
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-PA411

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version : 500a-1.0.0.337-01-20120309-FINAL

ISP : TalkTalk

I have a 2 Powerline networks running on the same electrical cabling system. One is a simple 2 unit affair which carries router to firewall traffic and the other is 4 units carrying traffic from the inside of the firewall to areas on internal network . The two networks have separate passhrases (Network Names), but as I mentioned, they are running on the same electrical cabling system..

Despite the headline rate for the PA411 being 500Mbps, on the internal network I am only getting 66Mbps from one of the units and 11Mbps from the other two. I have read about distances being a problem so I tried bringing all three of the units together on the same extension block (unfiltered) The numbers remained the same despite config resets and power cycling. I thought "OK possibly there is a newer firmware than the July 2012 one I have installed", but nothing is posted on the HTTP site.

Question 1: Has anyone got any advice about how I can try to achieve 500Mbps or even 100Mbps with this kit?

Question 2: Is there a firmware upgrade for the PA411 (V1)?

Many thanks

JB
Options
1 Reply
Re:PA411 stuck at 11Mbps
2014-09-01 17:43:52
the utility will report 11Mbps when the devices are unloaded.

as in if i connect one device to my computer and put the other anywhere else in my house, even in the socket next to it, the utility will report 11Mbps. it's not until i connect the second one to an actual device that it will report the correct speed. the may be your problem when you are testing.

in my experience the more devices you add the more unreliable the network becomes. add that to the fact you are running two networks on exactly the same wiring and you're in trouble. is there no way you could replace any of that with patch cables.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 696

Replies: 1

Related Articles