Powerline wifi extender

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Powerline wifi extender

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Powerline wifi extender
Powerline wifi extender
2014-09-06 17:54:43
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-WPA281

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi all just need info on power line wi fi extenders, have a tp211 starter kit already and was wanting to know if a wi fi extender will help here's the question.
have a bt hub4 connected to a tp211 starter kit and was needing a wi fi extender to reach another building about 50 meters a way, bt hub for reaches out side the wood
building but not in it so need a wi fi extender to receive signal in their but not to shoure if it would work and which model would work with my existing one.
Options
3 Reply
Re:Powerline wifi extender
2014-09-09 11:13:13
"to reach another building about 50 meters a way"

So the original building and another building are different buildings, aren't they?
If so, different buildings normally use different powerline circuits, and powerline adapters can't be working in different powerline circuits.
Options
2014-09-09 23:26:24
Have check with my tp 211 starter kit and the both units where talking to each other, one in the house with the router and the other in the building fifty meters away. The consumer box in the house feeds the building as well. So all I need to get is WiFi in the building.
Options
2014-09-10 15:59:55
Since you tested powerline adapters in those two building and they can communicate with each other, I think you can purchase a powerline extender to join in existing network.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 661

Replies: 3

Related Articles