Severe interference from WPA4220 set up on ADSL2+ connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-09-22 16:37:03
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WPA4220

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have been running my WPA4220 since December 2013 and until fairly recently had not noticed any problems In the past 2-3 weeks I have been seeing horrendous errors on my ADSL2+ connection with thousands of CRC, FEC and Error Second errors on my connection. Initially it was suggested that Powerline extenders might be at fault so I turned off my WPA4220 and it made no significant difference however I decided to test one more time with them physically unplugged form the mains socket and for the past 36 hours I have been back to normal error rates, the reduction coincided exactly with when I unplugged the adapters.

Has anyone else seen problems like this. Is it likely my adapters have started to fail in some way?

Stuart
Options
4 Reply
Re:Severe interference from WPA4220 set up on ADSL2+ connection
2014-09-25 17:10:32
this is not a PLC problem, as I known, it's your ADSL has a problem.
Maybe you can change your ADSL Modem.
Options
2014-09-25 19:51:09
No it happens on two different router/modems by different manufacturers and other people I know have had similar issues with powerline adapters, the errors always stop when it is not used.

Stuart
Options
2014-09-26 09:42:14
My friend has tested it, he didn't find the problem.
Maybe you can ask TP-LINK's technical support for help .
Options
2014-09-26 15:16:35
I have asked but all they suggested was a longer LAN cable. Not much help. I am doing some more testing right now and since reconnecting the WPA4220 devices without LAN cable and the error rates HAVE risen but not hugely. I am going to re-connect the LAN cable and test that next. I am prepared to believe the devices I have are defective but as I say I know of several other people who experience the same issue as me but not always with TP-Link made devices. So I believe that there is a generic issue with Homeplug/Powerline devices which injects interference with ADSL and in fact VDSL (FTTC) connections.

Stuart
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 518

Replies: 4