Question about PowerLine Utility

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-09-23 19:58:20
Region : Portugal

Model : TL-PA4010PKIT

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello,

I've recently bought a TL-PA4010PKIT to create a network between two floors.

My question is simple:

When I run the PowerLine utility plugged to the downstairs adapter, the rate reads between 70-80 Mbps, but when plugged to the upstairs it reads between 140-150 Mbps.

Is the rate shown the download speed or upload speed? Does the utility show the device it is currently plugged into, or the device on the other end of the network? I think it's the device on the end of the network, since in the utility it comes labeled as "Remote Devices", but just to be sure.

Thank you
Options
3 Reply
Re:Question about PowerLine Utility
2014-09-24 13:36:11
The powerline rate reflects the quality of power line environment.
http://www.tp-link.com/en/article/?faqid=409
Options
2014-09-25 09:27:55
The powerline rate is real-time changes.
So you must see the downstairs adapter's rate and the upstairs at the same time, and they're almost the same.
The utility shows the rate is the device on the end of the network, this is what I think.
Options
2014-09-25 17:30:55
I have also noticed that if there is not much traffic going across the network that the adapters speed goes down to 11 Mbps. HAs anybody else noticed this?

Regards

Infinidim
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 511

Replies: 3

Related Articles