Unable to connect with WPA4220

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-09-29 06:22:42
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-WPA281

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello,

A couple of months ago I bought 2 units of the Powerline/Wifi extender from TP-Link model TL-WPA4220KIT. Neither of them is working properly and both have the same behavior:
Once I plug both units the WiFi signal is 100% but I cannot log in.
Trying via WiFi I get stuck with a message "Authenticating...". I suspected I was using the wrong password but if I try changing the password I get a "wrong password" message. So I assume I have the correct password in the first time and yet no connection.
Trying with a wired connection I have the same result. The notebook keeps trying and never passes the "Authenticating..." step.
I even tried re-seting both units but to no avail.
Since both of them are showing the same symptoms I assume the problem is the configuration and not the hardware, but since I cannot log in the units there is nothing I can do to try and solve it.
Options
2 Reply
Re:Unable to connect with WPA4220
2014-09-29 10:30:20
You two units are communicating with each other with PLC lighs on?
Try disable security and connect wirelessly. To secure it, change Wi-Fi name at the same time.
Options
Re:Unable to connect with WPA4220
2014-10-14 14:53:14
Maybe you can via utility to log in the TL-WPA4220KIT.
You can go to the link following download the utility:
http://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/?model=TL-WPA4220&version=V1#tbl_b
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1071

Replies: 2

Related Articles