TL-MR3420 3g conenction keeps dropping

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-09-30 17:55:16
Region : Austria

Model : TL-MR3420

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : TL-MR3420_V1_121123

ISP :

Hello,

I'm using the TL-MR3420 with a TP-LINK MA 180 3G modem and the connection is extremley unstable. Sometimes the router fails to identify the modem, sometimes it manages to connection, bute then the connection usually drops after 5-10 minutes. The router then fails to reconnect and the only thing that helps is to reboot it -- then works again for about 5 minutes and so on...

The connection is perfectly fine when the modem is plugged directly into an USB port at my PC. I've tried different SIM cards from different ISPs and another modem -- all work when directly connected to a laptop or PC but have the above problem when used at the router. I also tried all available firmware versions from http://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/?model=TL-MR3420&version=V1 and played with settings (connect automatically/maunally, idle time, ...), but to no avail.

Any hints are appreciated.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 448

Replies: 0

Related Articles