Automatic WAN Failover

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Automatic WAN Failover

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Automatic WAN Failover
Automatic WAN Failover
2014-10-01 17:54:40
Region : Ireland

Model : TL-MR3420

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version : Latest

ISP : Fixed Wireless & 4G

Hi

I have a TL-MR3420 which I have working with a fixed wireless ISP (WAN Port) and a Mobile 4G ISP (USB Port) but frequently I have to reboot the router to switch back to the WAN fixed wireless ISP connections as the router doesn’t know that the WAN connect is back live, what check is performed to see that the preferred WAN connect is back live?

A simple ping watchdog test would be best but it looks the router only checks for an ip address being assigned which is no good if ISP suffers a routing issue or latency issues in my case with fixed wireless connection as it doesn't fail back to preferred connection only if i reboot the device and i can use 4G all the time as it has a crappy data cap on it

Does any one the inner workings of the 2Automatic fail over" what test does it perform to initiate a fail over or a fail back for that matter?

Thanks
Spud
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1097

Replies: 0

Related Articles