When will you implement RADVD support?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-10-05 00:27:38
Region : Russia

Model : TL-WDR3600

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : TL-WDR3600_v1_140916

ISP : domru.ru

Hi,

This ISP has over five million clients, yet none of them can use IPv6 on your Wi-Fi routers. Domru uses RADVD which is not supported by WDR3600.

I first wrote to your support over 10 months ago requesting this feature.

Now, a year has passed after the previous firmware and your new firmware still doesn't support RADVD.

When will we see it or get it?

Should I void my warranty and install DD-WRT to get what many of us need?

Here's their manual (PDF) on how to enable IPv6 (doesn't work, since there are no options for that).
Options
7 Reply
Re:When will you implement RADVD support?
2014-10-05 01:14:56
Options
2014-10-05 21:17:34

jimasek wrote

What part of "I first wrote to your support over 10 months ago requesting this feature." you didn't understand?

I've written straight to TP-Link support three times already, requesting this feature. Their usual reply is "We'll implement it soon". I wonder if ten months are soon enough or if I should just forget about stock firmware.
Options
2014-10-05 21:51:34
We aren't from TP-Link company. We are only normal TP-Link user on this forum - "you didn't understand?"
Options
2014-10-06 05:53:16

boggyboggy wrote

What part of "I first wrote to your support over 10 months ago requesting this feature." you didn't understand?

I've written straight to TP-Link support three times already, requesting this feature. Their usual reply is "We'll implement it soon". I wonder if ten months are soon enough or if I should just forget about stock firmware.

If you need RADVD support and TP-Link is taking too long why not use DD-WRT if it supports what you need? I've used DD-WRT on my TL-WDR4300 without issue and also was able to revert to official TP-Link without any issues. Unless you can't follow directions there should be no issues.
Options
2014-10-08 16:01:31

SYN1ST3R wrote

If you need RADVD support and TP-Link is taking too long why not use DD-WRT if it supports what you need? I've used DD-WRT on my TL-WDR4300 without issue and also was able to revert to official TP-Link without any issues. Unless you can't follow directions there should be no issues.

I can install and set up DD-WRT in a minute, but only when my official warranty period expires.

You know, according to TP-Link's policy custom firmware voids your warranty.
Options
2014-10-08 17:02:56
In Help on IPv6 support page, it describes as below. Is not what you need?

Get IPv6 prefix delegation - Get a temporary IPv6 address and an IPv6 prefix from the ISP, the temporary IPv6 address is set to the WAN port, and the LAN port advertises the IPv6 address prefix by RADVD.
Options
2014-10-09 05:39:28

boggyboggy wrote

I can install and set up DD-WRT in a minute, but only when my official warranty period expires.

You know, according to TP-Link's policy custom firmware voids your warranty.

You say: "Should I void my warranty and install DD-WRT to get what many of us need?" :confused: seems like you answered your own question.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 648

Replies: 7

Related Articles