Archer C7-v2 with latest firmware will not connect to TP-Link Tether

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-10-09 14:21:28
Region : Denmark

Model : Archer C7

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version : 3.14.1 Build 140911 Rel.41201n

ISP :

Android 4.4.4. Router upgraded to latest firmware, but when trying to login to TP-Link Tether I get this error message: "Router not supported"
Same error message for other device running android 4.3.1
Options
5 Reply
Re:Archer C7-v2 with latest firmware will not connect to TP-Link Tether
2014-10-10 03:41:25

mlun wrote

Android 4.4.4. Router upgraded to latest firmware, but when trying to login to TP-Link Tether I get this error message: "Router not supported"
Same error message for other device running android 4.3.1

TP-Link has to update the Android app.
Options
2014-10-10 05:32:22

SYN1ST3R wrote

TP-Link has to update the Android app.

Seriously?? I seem to have bought the wrong router if TP-link is such an amateurish company that they sell a product advertising for this facility on the package and then having an outdated non-working app. Is this something that is officially known, or just a guess of yours?
Options
2014-10-10 15:51:28
True mlun, I also noticed this ... plus a lot of other issues with the Archer C7 v2
Options
2014-10-10 16:37:09

mlun wrote

Seriously?? I seem to have bought the wrong router if TP-link is such an amateurish company that they sell a product advertising for this facility on the package and then having an outdated non-working app. Is this something that is officially known, or just a guess of yours?

Well, when the Tether v2.0 app came out on iOS and the firmware for my TL-WDR4300 was the firmware before the most recent one the app wouldn't work with my router. After I updated to the current router firmware the app now works. The app has to support the correct router firmware otherwise you will get the "Router not supported" message. Try emailing TP-Link and ask them when the Android app will be updated to support the new router firmware. Or if you really need the Tether app to work with your router right now then you would have to downgrade your router firmware to a previous version. Tether v2.0 doesn't have the media server function as it did in v1 (on iOS) so for me Tether v2.0 is not very useful.

I've been pretty successful in getting information via email within about a day or so from TP-Link. This forum is more or less TP-Link customers helping each other, so you will need to email TP-Link for info/files we cannot provide here.
Options
2014-10-12 17:13:59
Options