Powerline adapter goes into limited connection randomly

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-10-15 19:42:53
Region : Greece

Model : TL-PA4010

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version : 500A-1.0.0.337-01-20120309-FINAL

ISP :

I am using the TL-PA4010 for my desktop computer and the TL-PA4010P connected at my router.
My internet connection goes randomly limited..or i may say not so randomly,most of the times every one hour.When i am connected all adapter lights are on,the second and third are blinking.When i have limited connection the second one is off.
I tried a static ip to my pc,not working.
The only thing that seems to work is to pair again the two adapters or to unplug my computer's one(every time i tried that,for almost 24 hours didn't had any problems).

Right now i have the powerline utility open.At the status tab the network name is unknown and the "Use default is unchecked",the same and at the System tab. Few minutes ago when ia faced the connectivity issue i noticed that the "Use Default(HomePlugAV) was checked without touching anything.I tried to use the default network in the past,it didn't work.

My OiS: Windows 8.1 (upgraded few days ago).I had the same problem for months with Win 7 Ultimate.
Options
2 Reply
Re:Powerline adapter goes into limited connection randomly
2014-10-16 11:07:09
Reset them and make a network name for both to ensure it is a private network.
Options
Re:Powerline adapter goes into limited connection randomly
2014-10-21 15:59:02
Hi Ada,
I tried it using the method 3 from this post http://forum.tp-link.com/showthread.php?75985-How-to-build-a-secured-powerline-network&region=china and so far it seems to work(one disconnection the last 5 days).
However,when opening the Poweline Utility it still says unkonwn network for some reason,don't care much about that thought.
Thank you for your time
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1149

Replies: 2