Cannot connect to the units.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-10-21 03:38:37
Region : Brazil

Model : TL-WPA4220

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello,

A couple of months ago I bought 2 units of the Powerline/Wifi extender from TP-Link model TL-WPA4220KIT. Neither of them is working properly and both have the same behaviour:
Once I plug the units the WiFi signal is 100% but I cannot log in.
Trying via WiFi I get stuck with a message "Authenticating...".
Trying with a wired conection I have the same result. The notebook keeps trying and never passes the "Authenticating..." step.
I even tryed reseting the units but it did not help. I simply cannot log in to make changes.
Since both of them are showing the same symptoms I assume the problem is the configuration and not the hardware, but since I cannot log in the units there is nothing I can do to try to change the configuration.
Options
3 Reply
Re:Cannot connect to the units.
2014-10-21 13:58:48
As I known, PLC's IP address is random, so you can't log in WPA4220 directly.
You only can log in it via utility, you can go to the link following and download the utility:
http://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/?model=TL-WPA4220&version=V1#tbl_b

You can try to configure the WPA4220 via utility firstly, see whether it can work normally.
What's more, i suggest you change the channel of the WPA4220 wireless signal, making it different from front end router.
Options
2014-10-21 21:54:49
So no version for Linux? I will try to convince my neighbor to allow me to install the utility there (he has Win) since my PC is running on Linux here.

Will reply as soon as I try.
Options
2014-10-24 09:03:29
Ok it worked! I had to find a friend to lend me his notebook with windows to do the trick but it worked.

I also had to update both units to the latest firmware.

HINT: After updating firmware don't forget to pair the units before trying to connect!

Thank you timx for the assistance.
Options