XBOX Ethernet Connection on WR1043ND

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-10-21 04:57:41
Region : Others

Model : TL-WR1043ND

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,
I have got a very weird problem. My LAN consist of computer connected to router through Ethernet cable and a couple of devices smart devices connected through WIFI on the router. all of them have connection to the internet.
When I tried to connect my xbox to the LAN using ethernet cable I got no connection to computer. However I got connection to the Internet without any problem. One could say the problem is on site of computer but if I connect xbox using WIFI then the connection to the computer works without any problem. It looks like anything blocks communication between two devices connected to the LAN ports. As far as I know they are only switched so there should be no blocking.
Any idea where to look for solution?
Martin
Options
6 Reply
Re:XBOX Ethernet Connection on WR1043ND
2014-10-21 10:20:33
Very strange issue. Can you ping each other successfully when both of them are connected to LAN ports? Any other PCs for you to test?
Options
2014-10-25 04:16:24
Hi,
In the last days I have tried a lot possibilities to find the cause. Unfortunately with no luck. But I could narrow the problem.
Today I simply tried to connect the computer with xbox directly with a cable. They worked together without any problem. That looks like the problem must be somewhere in the router.
I can't ping the xbox but as far as I know it is not possible to ping it anyway.
Options
2014-10-25 12:59:24
Hi,

Did you do a reset with the back button?
Are you using the last firmware?
Options
2014-10-27 21:44:44
The router is new. However I did a hard reset before the installation. So this will be probably no solution.
I did checked the firmware version but I found no new version on the internet.
Martin
Options
2014-10-28 17:12:32
Disable the HWNAT to have a try.It seems the HWNAT sometimes will block the connection between switch.
Options
2014-10-29 05:34:42
Disabled HWNAT -> no change. XBOX still doesn't see PC.
Disabled NAT at all -> the same behaviour.
Is there any chance to LOG packet communication on router?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1026

Replies: 6

Related Articles