connecting two starter kits / ethernet & wifi connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-10-23 03:51:46
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-WPA281

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,
I am confused about setting up my Powerline network and would appreciate some feedback. I originally had a Kit of 2 plugs (model TP-LINK TL-WPA2220KIT Starter Kit with Nano Powerline AV200 Adaptor, Wireless N300, 2 Porte Fast Ethernet), one of which was connected to the modem, the other to a separate plug. I used the powerline in wifi mode. I have very thick walls and could not get wifi in all rooms, so I purchased a separate, identical kit and set it up the same way. In this case however, I need to use one of the plugs with the ethernet adaptor, not wifi. However, the "ethernet" icon does not light up in either plug and thus I am still not able to connect to the internet from my desktop. I am confused about :

- do I also connect one of the plugs (the smaller of the two) of the second kit to the modem??
- If not, do I simply leave the first plug (from the first kit) plugged into the modem, and just keep adding new plugs to different sockets in the house to expand the network (both wifi and ethernet)?
- Is there anything specific I need to do (other than configure the plugs appropriately) to make the network work properly (buttons to press etc).

I'm sorry if these seem like overly simple/obvious questions ; I am clearly not very technically minded. I appreciate your help

Thank you,
Options
1 Reply
Re:connecting two starter kits / ethernet & wifi connection
2014-10-23 11:43:36
“, I need to use one of the plugs with the ethernet adaptor, not wifi. However, the "ethernet" icon does not light up in either plug and thus I am still not able to connect to the internet from my desktop. I am confused about : ”

If there is physical connection between PC and powerline adatper, Ethernet light should not be off.
To figure out the issue, you may try different cables or different powerline adapters to connect to the same PC. If the same, try to connect another PC (Latop is OK).
If just that PC encounters such a issue, probably ethernet adapter on that PC is defective for some reason.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 714

Replies: 1

Related Articles