Laptop fast access with iPass, however TP-Link can only access the slow hotel Wi-Fi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Laptop fast access with iPass, however TP-Link can only access the slow hotel Wi-Fi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-10-29 05:24:59
Region : France

Model : TL-MR3020

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version :

ISP :

More and more, hotels I go to offer Wi-Fi only in the room, no Ethernet hard wire.

However, the free Wi-Fi is typically very sloooooow (300kbps) and I can connect with my laptop to a much quicker Wi-Fi using iPass on my laptop (10Mbps).

The problem is how do I get my TL-MR3020 to benefit from the iPass connection (iPass is only on my laptop)?

After all, did I chose the wrong solution (a travel router like the TL-MR3020) and should have instead bought a lifetime licence of Connectify Hotspot PRO to turn my laptop into a hotspot, and hence benefited from high speeds through iPass??

Regards,
Options
2 Reply
Re:Laptop fast access with iPass, however TP-Link can only access the slow hotel Wi-Fi
2014-10-29 10:54:35
I don't think TL-MR3220 can work with iPass connection. Verification methord of iPass seems quite different from how MR3220 does...
Options
Re:Laptop fast access with iPass, however TP-Link can only access the slow hotel Wi-Fi
2014-10-29 13:39:29
Then the TL-MR3020 is pretty much useless, as more and more, the only way to get a decent internet connection in hotels rooms these days, without being charged 10-15€ per day for a premium connection, is using iPass.

Using the TL-MR3020 to act as a hotspot based on the free 300kbps hotel signal is just pointless.

iPass support gets key these days. At least in Europe. TP Link please pay attention.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 388

Replies: 2