Trouble getting my wpa281 extender working with a series 4 bt hub

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-11-04 00:35:38
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WPA281

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP : BT

I have a BT home hub V4 in the study, hard wired to my pc, with a BT extender unit which facilitates Catch-Up on my TV in the sitting room. I bought a WPA281 to add to this system to allow WiFi use upstairs where the BT signal is very weak but failed to get the extender to work using the instructions given. I then looked at various forums which gave additional information not included within the TP-Link's instructions - holding down the pair button for 5 seconds for instance, but nothing worked. Now my WPA281 has only the power (green) LED illuminated and looks rather sorry for itself. Can anyone give me specific and detailed instructions how to pair/set up this extender with a BT Home Hub 4 which already has a BT range extender in use?

All assistance would be hugely appreciated.

JTS.
Options
4 Reply
Re:Trouble getting my wpa281 extender working with a series 4 bt hub
2014-11-04 10:01:48
You just got TL-WPA281? Since it is powerline extender, you need at least two, one plugged into home nub and another one in upstairs to communicate with each other.
Options
Thank you ada
2014-11-04 23:34:55
The thing is, there is already a BT extender unit in place and working, which feeds catch-up WiFi for my TV some distance from the Hub. So I was hoping the WPA281 would work with this as a second extender unit for upstairs?
Options
2014-11-05 10:58:07

JTS wrote

The thing is, there is already a BT extender unit in place and working, which feeds catch-up WiFi for my TV some distance from the Hub. So I was hoping the WPA281 would work with this as a second extender unit for upstairs?

That's not the case. Powerline devices need to work in a pair. The main one can be connected to your root router or extender and the slave one can be used to extend Wi-Fi.
Options
2014-11-10 13:59:56
Hi, as i known, WPA281 WPS function only be used as a client.
router-------281————281)))WPS(((PC
I think that the above topology can make you understand clearly.

If you really want to expand your wireless single range, i suggest you go to buy a TL-WPA4220 or TL-WPA4230.
Their WiFi-clone function will give you a help.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 508

Replies: 4